The influence of the temperature of plastic deformation on the structure and mechanical properties of copper alloys CuCo2Be and CuCo1Ni1Be
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Purpose: The aim of the paper is to determine the influence of temperature of plastic deformation on the structure and mechanical properties of copper alloy of the CuCo2Be and CuCo1Ni1Be during a tensile test applied on electrodes to welders. Design/methodology/approach: The tensile test of the investigated copper alloys was realized in the temperature range of 20-800°C with a strain rate of 1.2⋅10-3s-1 on the universal testing machine. Metallographic observations of the structure were carried out on a light microscope and the fractographic investigation of fracture on an electron scanning microscope. Findings: The mechanical properties of alloys as well as the range of occurrence of the Portevin - Le Chatelier (PLC) phenomenon was determined on the basis of F-ΔL curves formed by tensile tests; however the character of fracture during the break of the samples was defined on the basis of fractographic investigations. Research limitations/implications: Practical implications: In result of tensile tests of copper alloys it has been found that the PLC effect occurs in both alloys in the temperature range of 150-350°C. However, the ductility minimum temperature of the alloys equals about 500°C. At the temperature of stretching of about 450°C the investigated copper alloys show maximum strength values. Originality/value: The type of "teething" on the load - displacement curves was defined, according to the classification received in literature. The dependence εkr = f(t) was marked too.
Bibliogr. 16 poz.
-  W. Ozgowicz, E. Kalinowska-Ozgowicz, B. Grzegorczyk, The influence of the temperature of tensile test on the structure and plastic properties of copper alloy type CuCr1Zr, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 29/2 (2008) 123-136.
-  M. Staszewski, Z.M. Rdzawski, A. Wrona, Residual stresses in the strips from copper-based alloys, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 25/2 (2007) 35-38.
-  W. Ozgowicz, The relationship between hot ductility and intergranular fracture in a CuSn6P alloy at elevated temperatures, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 162-163 (2005) 392-401.
-  A. Heinrich, T.Al-Kassab, R.Kirchheim, Investigation of new aspects in the initial stages of decomposition of Cu2at.%Co with the tomographic atom probe and the field ion microscope, Surface and interface analysis 39 (2007) 240-245.
-  L. Kommel, I. Hussainova, O. Volobueva, Microstructure and properties development of copper during severe plastic deformation, Materials and Design 28 (2007) 2121-2128.
-  R. Nowosielski, P. Sakiewicz, J. Mazurkiewicz, Ductility minimum temperature phenomenon in as cast CuNi25 alloy, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 17 (2006) 193-196.
-  A. Portevin, F. Le Chatelier, Sur un phénomène observé lors de l'essai de traction d'alliages en cours de transformation, Comptes Rendus de l'Académie des Sciences Paris 176, 1923, 507-510.
-  A.H. Cottrell, Dislocations and Plastic Flow in Crystals, Oxford University Press, London, 1953.
-  A. Korbel, Scientific Bulletins of the S. Staszic, University of Mining and Metallurgy, No 474, Metallurgy and Foundry Practice, Bull. 65, The analyses of the non-uniform deformation in the substitutional solid solutions, Cracow, 1974.
-  Z. Kovàcs, Portevin - Le Chatelier plastic instabilities, PhD Thesis-Unpublished, Main Library of Eötcös Loránd Univeritet, Budapest, 2002.
-  W. Ozgowicz, B. Opeldus, The influence of the chemical composition and temperature of plastic deformation on the PLC effect in tin bronzes, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 17 (2006) 129-132.
-  A. Sarkar, L. Charles, Recurrence analysis of the Portevin - Le Chatelier effect, Physics Letters A 372 (2008) 1101-1105.
-  F.Chmelĭk, F.B. Klose, Investigating the Portevin - Le Chatelier effect in strain rate and stress rate controlled tests by the acoustic emission and laser extensometry techniques, Materials Science and Engineering A 462 (2007) 53-60.
-  K. Darowicki, J. Orlikowski, A. Zieliński, Investigation of changes in the type B PLC effect of Al-Mg-Cu type alloy for various strain rates, Materials Science and Engineering A 496 (2008) 478-482.
-  M. Lebyokin, Y. Brechet, Y. Estrin, L. Kubin, Statistical behaviour and strain localization patterns in the Portevin Le-Chatelier effect, Acta Materialia 44/11 (1996) 4531-4541.
-  H. Ait-Amokhtar, C. Fressengeas, S. Boudrahem, The dynamics of Portevin-Le Chatelier bands in an Al-Mg alloy from infrared thermography, Materials Science and Engineering A 488 (2008) 540-546.