Integrated recycling technology as a candidate for best available techniques
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Purpose: In this article the integrated recycling technology and the integrated recycling technology model as a future candidate for best available techniques (BAT) are presented. Design/methodology/approach: The paper shows one of the procedures for selection a determinant of emission standards - BAT, which are a basis of BAT reference documents (BREFs). Findings: The works relating to the emission standards stating according to best available techniques should have more and more meaning for all Member States and for Poland also. One of these activities is search of the best integrated recycling technology which allows to neutralize the definite part of waste in the most effective and simplest way. Research limitations/implications: To protect the environment it is necessary a continuous adjusting to BAT requirements. It is always possible to find the better, effective or cheaper methods of the environment protection (e.g. the integrated recycling technology model proposed). Practical implications: The implementation of the IPPC Directive requirements makes possible the technological processes realization with full protect of the environment. It refers to the recycling technologies too. Therefore, it is necessary to find the best integrated recycling technology which guarantees total waste reduction. Originality/value: In this paper paid attention to the problem of the integrated recycling technologies. The proposed integrated recycling technology model is not only ecologically and technically practicable but also generates small costs.
Bibliogr. 15 poz.
- Division of Nanocrystalline and Functional Materials and Sustainable Pro-ecological Technologies, Institute of Engineering Materials and Biomaterials, Silesian University of Technology, ul. Konarskiego 18a, 44-100 Gliwice, Poland, email@example.com
-  Council Directive 96/61/EC of 24 September 1996 concerning integrated pollution prevention and control.
-  http://eippcb.jrc.es
-  http://www.mos.gov.pl
-  N. Honkasalo, H. Rodhe, C. Dalhammar, Environmental permitting as a driver for eco-efficiency in the dairy industry: A closer look at the IPPC directive, Journal of Cleaner Production 13 (2005) 1049-1060.
-  D. Fatta, M. Marneri, A. Papadopoulos, Ch. Savvides, A. Mentzis, L. Nikolaides, M. Loizidou, Industrial pollution and control measures for a foundry in Cyprus, Journal of Cleaner Production 12 (2004) 29-36.
-  J. Geldermann, O. Rentz, The reference installation approach for the techno-economic assessment of emission abatement options and the determination of BAT according to the IPPC-directive, Journal of Cleaner Production 12 (2004) 389-402.
-  R. Dijkmans, Methodology for selection of best available techniques (BAT) at the sector level, Journal of Cleaner Production 8 (2000) 11-21.
-  M.A. Chaaban, Hazardous waste source reduction in materials and processing technologies, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 119 (2001) 336-343.
-  R. Nowosielski, A. Zajdel, Recycling's technology, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 21/2 (2007) 85-88.
-  B. Krupińska, D. Szewieczek, L.A. Dobrzański, Improvement of technological processes by the use of technological efficiency analysis, Archives of Materials Science and Engineering 28/12 (2007) 751-756.
-  R. Nowosielski, M. Spilka, A. Kania, Strategies of sustainable development in practice, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 20 (2007) 555-558.
-  D. Szewieczek, T. Karkoszka, Integrated method of technological processes estimation in materials engineering, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 24/1 (2007) 456-465.
-  K. Mijanovic, J. Kopac, Environmental management inside production systems, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 162-163 (2005) 759-765.
-  G. Paliska, D. Pavletic, M. Sokovic, Quality tools - systematic use in process industry, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 25/1 (2007) 79-85.
-  J. Borkiewicz, Integrated recycling in waste management, Chemical industry 82/4 (2003) 271-276 (in Polish).