Influence of plastic deformation on structure and mechanical properties of stainless steel type X5CrNi18-10
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Purpose: The paper analyzes the influence of the degree of cold deformation on the structure and mechanical properties of austenitic stainless steel X5CrNi18-10. Design/methodology/approach: The investigations included observations of the structure on a light microscope, researches of mechanical properties in a static tensile test and microhardness measurements. The analysis of the phase composition was carried out on the basis of X-ray researches. In the qualitative X-ray analysis the comparative method was applied. Findings: Plastic deformation in deep drawing process of container from investigated austenitic stainless steel induced in its structure martensitic transformation γ → α'. Research limitations/implications: The X-ray phase analysis in particular permitted to disclose and identify the main phases on the structure of the investigated steel after its deformation within the range 10%÷50%. Practical implications: The analysis of the obtained results permits to state that the degree of deformation has a significant influence on the structure and mechanical properties of the investigated steels. Besides, a good correlation was found between changes of the structure and the effects of investigations of the mechanical properties. Originality/value: The analytic dependence of the yield point of the investigated steel on the draft degree in deep pressing process has been confirmed. Revealing this relation is of essential practical importance for the technology of sheetmetal forming of austenitic steel.
Bibliogr. 16 poz.
-  S. Lamb, Handbook of Stainless Steel and Nikel Alloys, ASM International, 2001.
-  J. Davis, Stainless Steel, ASM International, 1994.
-  A. Lebedev, Influence of phases transformations on the mechanical properties of austenitic stainless steels, International Journal of Plasticity 6/7 (2000) 749-767.
-  R. Reed, The spontaneous martensitic transformations in 18%Cr, 8%Ni steels, Acta Metallurgica 10 (1962) 865-877.
-  E. Nagy, Deformation inducted martensitic transformation in stainless steel, Materials Science and Engineering A 378 (2004) 308-313.
-  A. Padilha, Decomposition of stainless steel, ISIJ International 43 (2003) 135-143.
-  D. Jandova, Deformation processes in austenitic stainless steel, Proceedings of the 10th Scientific International Conference "Achievements in Mechanical and Materials Engineering" AMME'2001, Gliwice-Kraków-Zakopane, 2001, 243-246.
-  F. Ciura, A. Kruk, W. Osuch, Influence of temperature and degree deformation on structure and mechanical properties during the phase transformation in Fe-30%Ni alloy, Proceedings of the 9th Scientific International Conference "Achievements in Mechanical and Materials Engineering" AMME'2000, Gliwice-Sopot-Gdańsk, 2000, 67-71 (in Polish).
-  P. Mangonon, The martensite phases in 304 stainless steel, Metallurgical Transactions 1 (1970) 1577-1586.
-  S. Ganesh, Tensile deformation-inducted martensitic transformation in AISI 304LN austenitic stainless steel, Journal of Materials Science Letters 13 (1994) 389-392.
-  K. Pałka, Mechanical properties and corrosion resistance of burnished X5CrNi18-9 stainless steel, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 16 (2006) 57-62.
-  J. Talonen, Effect of strain rate on the strain-induced γ →α', martensite transformation and mechanical properties of austenitic stainless steels, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions 36A/2 (2005) 421-432.
-  A. Baron, Influence of electrolytic polishing on electrochemical behavior of austenitic steel, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 18 (2006) 55-58.
-  V. Toshkov, R. Russev, T. Madjarov, E. Russeva, On low temperature ion nitriding of austenitic stainless steel AISI 316, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 25/1 (2007) 71-74.
-  M.B licharski, Structural inhomogeneity of deformed austenitic stainless steel, Metal Science 12 (1978) 304-312.
-  B. Cullity, Elements of X-ray Diffraction, Series in Metallurgy and Materials, Addison-Wesley, 1967.