Modeling of temperature field and fluid flow in hybrid welding process
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Mathematical and numerical model of the temperature field and the velocity field in melted zone concerning the hybrid laser - arc process was presented in this paper. The temperature field was determined by solution the transient heat transfer equation with activity of inner heat sources. Fluid flow in welding pool was determined by solution of the Navier - Stokes equation in Chorin's projection. The fuzzy solidification front was assumed in a numerical algorithm with linear approximation of the solid phase in mushy zone. Fluid flow through porous medium was considered in mushy zone according to Darcy's model. In the base of elaborated models and realized algorithms, results of computer simulations were presented in this study. Temperature distribution in the weld and velocity distribution in melted zone as well as welding pool shape and heat affected zone were illustrated.
Bibliogr. 5 poz., rys., wykr.
-  Bagger C., .Olsen F. O.: Review of laser hybrid welding, Journal of Laser Applications, 2005, Vol. 17, no. 1.
-  Gery D., Long H., Maropoulos P., Effects of welding speed, energy input and heat source distribution on temperature variations in butt joint welding, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 2005, 167, s. 393-401.
-  Ranatowski E., Uwagi o modelowaniu procesów cieplnych przy użyciu skoncentrowanych źródeł energii, Przegląd Spawalnictwa, 2002, 8-10, s. 152-155.
-  Wouters M., Hybrid laser-MIG welding: An investigation of geometrical considerations, Lulea, Sweden, 2005.
-  Zhou J., Tsai H. L., Modeling of transport phenomena In hybryd laser - MIG keyhole welding, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2008, 51, s. 4353 - 4366.