||The paper presents results of chemical analysis of fat on content of randomly selected heavy metals: zinc, chromium, cadmium and lead. Samples of fat were taken randomly in different days in the EKOUTIL factory in Śmiłowo. One of very difficult problems waiting for good technical and economical and organizational solution is issue of utilization of waste of animal origin including poultry and fish. Therefore attempts of construction of the comprehensive plant for animal waste processing are being taken for example in scale of the zachodniopomorskie province [1, 3]. However in the former Piła province at present wielkopolska province at a cost of huge resources, plant for utilization of the special and high risk EKOUTIL was built in Śmiłowo near Piła. The EKOUTIL plant was built by Spanish company TREMESA Rendering for utilization of waste of the high and special risk, that is for worst animal waste. Twenty-four hour productivity of this plant at established 20 working hours, is about 200 tons, for the processing of so-called animal by-products and dead cattle. It is possible to divide the technological line of the plant into sections in which individual processes of waste utilization take place: section of the raw material (containers, voluted conveyors, crackers, metal de-tectors), section of the destructor working continuously (concerns permanent heating and drying excluding feather and blood), section of periodic heat boiler and sterilizer of continuous work (containers for storing fat together with agitator, indirect container, pumps, voluted convey-ors), section of the condensation of steam (cyclones - for the destructor of the con-tinuous work and the periodic destructor, so-called sterilizer), section of the press (fat presses of the continuous work, feeding containers, conveyors), fat section (type fat separator, fat pump, fat containers, voluted conveyors), flour section (grinding devices, voluted conveyors, containers, air fans, cy-clones), system of heat recovery of SARC type (pressure container, pumps, fans), section of the electric panel (automatic system for the service and the control of entire technology), section of thermooxidator - OXIDOR system (burning device - rotary burner of bowl type, oxidation chamber, heat exchangers and dryers chamber, fans, etc.). The visual operating outline of this technology which is working at the EK-OUTIL plant is presented in figure 1 [2, 4]. The second stage of research consisted in determination of mentioned heavy metals and additionally aluminium, phosphorus and total nitrogen in the typical dinner portion from canteen in Koszalin Technical University. Analysing the problem of understood more widely circulation of heavy metals on the example of zinc, it is possible to notice, that waste from canteens such as student canteen, which are remains of the food, that is waste of the BIO type are at present in the waste processing plants selected and assigned to the process of composting. Obtained compost is applied into the soil, what causes releasing firstly, after Rosik-Dulewska , of chromium, lead, copper and zinc. So it is easy to notice that zinc is circulating in the determined circulation in the environment between people, animals and plants, in the range of the mg/kg of dry mass as it was mentioned before. It is possible to present two general conclusions from examinations carried out, that is: Zn content in nutritional products taken back both to food as well as waste, for example animal fats is relatively very big in comparison to the content of other heavy metals. Zn content in studied materials is fluctuating in wide borders from 15 mg/kg in the dinner portion, to the about 1067 mg/kg in animal waste fat - which com-paratively is located in a compartment of the content of this metal in compost which is used for plant production (fertilizer).
1. Kozakiewicz H.: Etapowy raport doradcy do spraw gospodarki odpadami zwierzęcymi w województwie zachodniopomorskim Etap 1. ENERTEC – PROJEKT Sp. z o. o. Warszawa.
2. Oelke A.: Ocena studialna projektowanego Zakładu Utylizacji odpadów szczególnego i wysokiego ryzyka – Zakład Rolniczo-Przemysłowy FARMUTIL HS w Śmiłowie. Praca dyplomowa magisterska Katedra Techniki Wodno-Mułowej i Utylizacji Odpadów. Wydział Budownictwa i Inżynierii Środowiska, promotor prof. dr hab. inż. Tadeusz Piecuch, Politechnika Koszalińska, Koszalin 2005.
3. Piecuch T.: Opinia wstępna dotycząca możliwości termicznego unieszkodliwiania odpadów zwierzęcych przez zastosowanie urządzeń typu Fire box w ZUO i ZP w Nowym Dworze BZ 501. 01/07. Politechnika Koszalińska, Koszalin 2004.
4. Piecuch T.: Zarys metod termicznej utylizacji odpadów. Wydawnictwo Politechniki Koszalińskiej, Koszalin 2006.
5. Piecuch T., Dąbek L., Juraszka B.: Spalanie i piroliza odpadów oraz ochrona powietrza przed szkodliwymi składnikami spalin. Wydawnictwo Politechniki Koszalińskiej, Koszalin 2002.
6. Protasowicki M.: Heavy Metals. in: Toxins in Ford (ed. Dąbrowski W., Sikorki E.Z.), CRC Press. Boca Roca – London – New York, 2005. 237÷249.
7. Rejmer P.: Podstawy ekotoksykologii. Wydawnictwo Ekoinżynieria, Lublin 1999.
8. Rosik-Dulewska Cz.: Podstawy gospodarki odpadami Wydawnictwo Ekoinżynieria, Lublin 1999.