Practical applications of expert systems in industrial logistics
II Międzynarodowa Konferencja Logistyczna WSL FORUM. Problemy współczesnej logistyki w badaniach naukowych (18 maja 2007; Poznań)
Expert system is a computer-based system, which acts in a manner similar to a human expert. These systems have expertise in solving problems within a given area of knowledge. Thanks to the attributes they found its utilization in supporting of logistics decision making too. Expert systems applications could potentially provide benefit across every logistical function. Known are applications in transportation, sourcing, field service and support, order management, inventory, material handling/warehousing, overall logistics, and packaging. There is always the significant potential of new expert systems applications in industrial companies, especially in the order management area. Detailed analysis of the order management process in the companies led to proposal of two expert systems applications: expert system for appreciation of inquiries from the technological and manufacturing viewpoints and expert system for selection of material from the technological and manufacturing viewpoints. The first application represents a supporting tool that would have to help to sales representatives of an industrial enterprise to decide about acceptance of the non-standard inquiries from the viewpoint of technological and manufacturing possibilities in real time i.e. without their consulting with other company departments. The second one is proposal of the tool that would have to help to a potential producer to select acceptable material for certain product in the shortest possible time with respect to the requisite product properties and operational and technological possibilities of the producer.
pełny tekst, Bibliogr. 5 poz.
-  Stone W. R: The Use of Expert Systems in Service Industries. In Review of Business. Spring 1990, pp. 17-20
-  Allen M. K., Helferich O. K.: Putting Expert Systems to Work in Logistics. Council of Logistics Management, 1990
-  Lenort R., Krausová, E.: Offer and Inquiry Management in Logistics of Metallurgical Enterprise. In Modernity of Industry and Services – New Challenges, Vol. II. Scientific Society for Organization and Management, Katovice 2004, pp. 13-20
-  Lenort R., Kraus M., Krausová E.: Application of Expert System for Material’s Selection from the Technological and Manufacturing Viewpoints. In Business Modern Concepts and Management Methods. Scientific Society for Organization and Management, Katovice 2005, pp. 115-121
-  Lenort R., Staš, D.: Problems with Appreciation of Inquiries in a Metallurgical Enterprise. In Prace Wydziału Zarządzania Politechniki Częstochowskiej. No. SK 7, 2002, pp. 169-173