Experimental strength analysis of orthodontic extrusion of human anterior teeth
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
The paper presents the strength tests, in terms of in vitro examinations, of restored mesial incisor crowns after endodontic treatment with modelled orthodontic extrusion procedure. The strength tests were carried out for 25 teeth randomly divided into groups with various degree of root reduction. The analysis was done for the following quantities: the force to fracture, the work to fracture, the energy of the first micro-crackings and breaking, the total displacement. Statistical analysis with the use of the Kruskal-Wallis test was done in order to assess the significance level in four tooth groups. Numerical simulations of periodontal ligament effort due to the orthodontic extrusion have also been carried out.
Bibliogr. 30 poz., rys., tab.
-  BACH N., BAYLARD J.F., VOYER R., Orthodontic extrusion: periodontal considerations and applications, Journal of Canadian Dental Association, 2004, 70, 11, 775–780.
-  SORRENTINO R., A study into the laboratory techniques for investigating the resistance to fracture and the clinical performances of endodontically-treated teeth restored with fiber posts and different restorative materials configurations – mechanical tests and finite element analyses, PhD thesis, University of Siena, School of Dental Medicine, Siena, 2006.
-  SORRENTINO R., SALAMEH Z., ZARONE F., TAY F.R., FERRARI M., Effect of post-retained composite restoration of MOD preparations on the fracture resistance of endodontically treated teeth, The Journal of Adhesive Dentistry, 2007, 9, 1, 49–56.
-  GŁOWACKI M., Strength tests of tooth crowns cured by means of orthodontic extrusion followed by prosthetic reconstruction (in Polish), MSc thesis, Cracow University of Technology, Cracow, 2008.
-  KOMATSU K., Mechanical strength and viscoelastic response of the periodontal ligament in relation to structure, Journal of Dental Biomechanics, 2010, Article ID 502318, 18 pages, doi:10.4061/2010/502318.
-  BECKER B., NÄGERL H., KUBEIN-MEESENBURG D., FANGHÄNEL J., Elastic properties of live human periodontal ligament, Proceedings of 2nd World Congress of Biomechanics, Amsterdam, 1994, 331b.
-  YOSHIDA N., KOGA Y., PENG CH.-L., TANAKA E., KOBAYASHI K., In vivo measurement of the elastic modulus of the human periodontal ligament, Medical Engineering & Physics, 2001, 23, 8, 567–572.
-  WANG S.-J., SHYH-YAU WANG S.-Y., In vivo measurement of the elastic modulus of the human periodontal ligament, Medical Engineering & Physics, 2001, 23, 567–572.
-  MANDEL U., DALGAARD P., VIIDIK A., A biomechanical study of the human periodontal ligament, Journal of Biomechanics, 1986, 19, 8, 637–645.
-  TOMS R.S., LEMONS J.E., BARTOLUCCI A.A., EBERHARDT A.W., Nonlinear stress–strain behavior of periodontal ligament under orthodontic loading, American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, 2002, 122, 2, 174–179.
-  NATALI A.N., PAVAN P.G., SCARPA C., Numerical analysis of tooth mobility: formulation of a non-linear constitutive law for the periodontal ligament, Dental Materials, 2004, 20, 7, 623–629.
-  TOMS R.S., DAKIN G.J., LEMONS J.E., EBERHARDT A.W., Quasi-linear viscoelastic behavior of the human periodontal ligament, Journal of Biomechanics, 2002, 35, 10, 1411–1415.
-  SIMON J.H., LYTHGOE J.B., TORABINEJAD M., Clinical and histological evaluation of extruded endodontically treated teeth in dogs, Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Oral Pathology Oral Radiology and Endodontics, 1980, 50, 361–371.
-  DANESH-MEYER M.J., BRICE D.M., Implant site development using orthodontic extrusion: a case report, New Zealand Dentistry Journal, 2000, 96, 18–22.
-  SALAMA H., SALAMA M., The role of orthodontic extrusive remodeling in the enhancement of soft and hard tissue profiles prior to implant placement: a systematic approach to the management of extraction site defects, International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry, 1993, 13, 312–333.
-  KORAYEM M. et al., Implant site development by orthodontic extrusion: a systematic review, Angle Orthodontist, 2008, 78, 752–760.
-  Orthodontic Extrusion: An Online Study Guide, Journal of Endodontics, 2008, 34, 5, suppl. 1, e143–e145.
-  MILEWSKI G., Strength aspects of biomechanical bone–implant interaction in dentistry (in Polish), Cracow Univ. of Technology Publish., s. Mechanics, No. 89, Cracow, 2002, DSc thesis.
-  MILEWSKI G., KROMKA-SZYDEK M, Fundamentals of dental biomechanics (in Polish), Cracow Univ. of Technology Publish., Cracow, 2010.
-  BĘDZIŃSKI R. (ed.), Biomechanics (in Polish), Vol. 3, s. Mechanics, Polish Acad. of Sci. Publish., Warsaw, 2011.
-  STANKIEWICZ N., WILSON P., The ferrule effect, Dental Update, 2008, 35, 222–228.
-  SORENSEN J.A., ENGELMAN M.J., Ferrule design and fracture resistance of endodontically-treated teeth, Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 1990, 63 (5), 529–536.
-  GEGAUFF, A.G., Effect of crown lengthening and ferrule placement on static load failure of cemented cast post-cores and crowns, Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 2000, 84, 169–179.
-  AKKAYAN B., An in vitro study evaluating the effect of ferrule length on fracture resistance of endodonticallytreated teeth restored with fiber-reinforced and zirconia dowel systems, Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 2004, 92 (2), 155–162.
-  DAWSON D., In vitro fracture resistance of endodonticallytreated central incisors with varying ferrule heights and configurations, Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 2005, 93 (4), 331–336.
-  PEREIRA J.R., de ORNELAS F., CONTI P.C., do VALLE A.L., Effect of a crown ferrule on the fracture resistance of endodontically-treated teeth restored with prefabricated posts, Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 2006, 95 (1), 50–54.
-  AL-HAZAIMEH N., GUTTERIDGE D.L., An in vitro study into the effect of the ferrule preparation on the fracture resistance of crowned teeth incorporating prefabricated post and composite core restorations, International Endodontic Journal, 2001, 34 (1), 40–46.
-  MENG Q.-F., CHEN L.-J., MENG J., CHEN Y.-M., SMALES R.J., YIP K.-H., Fracture resistance after simulated crown lengthening and forced tooth eruption of endodontically-treated teeth restored with a fiber post-and-core system, American Journal of Dentistry, 2009, 22 (3), 147–150.
-  MENG Q.-F., CHEN Y.-M., GUANG H.-B., YIP K.H.-K., SMALES R.J., Effect of a ferrule and increased clinical crown length on the in vitro fracture resistance of premolars restored using two dowel-and-core systems, Operative Dentistry, 2007, 32 (6), 595–601.
-  www.dentistrytoday.com