Effect of annealing on structure and properties of ledeburitic cast steel
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Purpose: The paper presents evaluation of effect annealing on structure and mechanical properties of ledeburitic cast steel. The paper presents evaluation of influence of grain normalization and the inclination to precipitate the hypereutectoid cementite in Widmannstätten structure in G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel. Design/methodology/approach: The heat treatment has been planned on the basis of CCT diagram prepared for that alloy cast steel. Four temperatures of heat refining have been applied. Basic research of G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel included metallographic analysis and mechanical properties (hardness and impact strength tests). Findings: The evaluation has been carried out for four annealing temperatures, i.e. 850 degrees centigrade, 900 degrees centigrade, 950 degrees centigrade and 1050 degrees centigrade. The test material has been G200CrMoNi4-6-3 hypereutectoid cast steel. At all annealing temperatures in the structure of cast steel the precipitation of hypereutectoid cementite along grain boundaries of former austenite took place. At the temperature of 850 degrees centigrade one may observe the coagulated hypereutectoid cementite precipitates inside of primary grains of austenite. Whereas beginning from the temperature of 900 degrees centigrade the cementite in G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel forms distinct "subgrains" inside of primary grains of austenite. Research limitations/implications: The annealing for four temperature and the new heat treatment of G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel. Practical implications: G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel of ledeburite class is used mainly for rolls production. Any data related to the structure and mechanical properties of that cast steel are precious for the manufacturers and users of the mill rolls. Originality/value: The new heat treatment (annealing) of G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel.
Bibliogr. 15 poz., fot., rys., tab.
-  Z. Stradomski, A. Pirek, S. Stachura, P. Chmielowiec, The effect of the mount of primary carbides on the wear resisitance of the G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel, Materials Engineering 3 (2004) 20-23.
-  A. Barbacki, M. Kawalec, Structural alterations in the surface layer during hard machining, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 64 (1997) 33-39.
-  J. Głownia, Metallurgy and Foundry Engineering 111 (1987) 215-220 (in Polish).
-  A. Barbacki, M. Kawalec, A. Hamrol, Turning and grinding as a source of microstructural changes in the surface layer of hardened steel, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 133 (2003) 21-25.
-  E. Skrzypczak, J. Pacyna, The influence of heat treatment on Widmannstätten structure in cast steel, Proceedings of the XXXI School of Materials Engineering, Kraków-Krynica, 2003, 187-193 (in Polish).
-  R. Honeycombe, H. K. D. H. Bhadeshia, Steels: microstructure and properties, Edward Arnold, London, 1995.
-  M. Blair, T.L. Stevens, Steel castings handbook, Materials Park: Steel Founders: ASM International, 1995.
-  J.W. Mullin, Crystallization, Butterworth -Heinemann, Oxford, 2001.
-  M. Durand-Charre, Microstructure of Steels and Cast Irons, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York, 2004.
-  Steel-A Handbook for Materials Research and Engineering, VI Fundamentals, VDE, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York-London-Paris, 2004.
-  J. Krawczyk, J. Pacyna, The rolle of transformed ledeburite in high temperature tribology on the example of adamite rolls, Proceedings of the 11th Scientific Conference "Contemporary Achievements in Mechanics, Manufacturing and Materials Science" CAM3S’2005, Gliwice-Zakopane 2005, 535-540.
-  J. Krawczyk, E. Rożniata, J.Pacyna, Hypereutectoid cementite morphology and mechanical properties of Cr-Ni-Mo cast steel, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 17 (2006) 145-148.
-  J. Pacyna, The structural and technological aspects of production and exploitation of heavy weight cast mill rolls, Proceedings of the XI Conference of Huta Buczek Ltd, Ustroń-Jaszowiec, 2006, 85-99 (in Polish).
-  E. Rożniata, J. Pacyna, Hypereutectoid cementite morphology and mechanical properties of Cr-Ni-Mo cast steel, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 17 (2006) 145-148.
-  E. Rożniata, J. Pacyna, Effect of annealing on mechanical properties of ledeburitic cast steel, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 20 (2007) 187-190.