Effect of annealing on mechanical properties of ledeburitic cast steel
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
12th International Scientific Conference CAM3S'2006, 27-30th November 2006, Gliwice-Zakopane
Purpose: The paper presents evaluation of influence of grain normalization (refinement as a result of repeated austenitizing), and the inclination to precipitate the hypereutektoid cementite in Widmannstaetten structure in G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel. Four temperatures of heat refining have been applied. Design/methodology/approach: Basic research of G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel included metallographic analysis, and hardness and impact strength tests. The heat treatment has been planned on the basis of CCT diagram prepared for that alloy cast steel. Findings: The test material has been G200CrMoNi4-6-3 hypereutectoid cast steel. The evaluation has been carried out for four annealing temperatures, i.e. 850, 900, 950 and 1050 degrees centigrade. At all annealing temperatures in the structure of cast steel the precipitation of hypereutectoid cementite along grain boundaries of former austenite took place. At the temperature of 850 degrees centigrade one may observe the coagulated hypereutectoid cementite precipitates inside of primary grains of austenite. Whereas beginning from the temperature of 900 degrees centigrade the cementite in G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel forms distinct "subgrains" inside of primary grains of austenite. Research limitations/implications: Research financed by the Ministry of Scientific Research and Information Technology, grant No. 3 T08B 057 29. Practical implications: G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel of ledeburite class is used mainly for rolls production. Any data related to the structure and mechanical properties of that cast steel are precious for the manufacturers and users of the mill rolls. Originality/value: The new heat treatment of G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel.
Bibliogr. 15 poz., fot., rys., tab.
-  J. Pacyna, J. Krawczyk, A. Kokosza Specifying reasons for easily appearing fractures in rolls made of L200HNM cast steel, Work of the Faculty of Metallurgy and Materials Science, AGH University of Science and Technology, Kraków 1999 (in Polish).
-  Z. Stradomski, A. Pirek, S. Stachura, P. Chmielowiec The effect of the Mount of primary carbides on the wear resisitance of the G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel, Materials Engineering, May-June (2004) No. 3 XX-XXIII.
-  A. Barbacki, M. Kawalec Structural alternations in the surface layer during hard machining, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 64 (1997) 33-39.
-  A. Barbacki, M. Kawalec, A. Hamrol Turning and grinding as a source of microstructural changes in the surface layer of hardened steel, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 133 (2003) 21-25.
-  J. Krawczyk, J. Pacyna, A. Kokosza 6th International Conference for Mesomechanics „Multiscaling in Applied Science and Emerging Technology – Fundamentals and Applicatis in Mesomechnics", Patras, Greece, 31 May-4 June, 2004, 203.
-  J. Pacyna, J. Krawczyk Effect of heat treatment upon ledeburite transformed morphology in proeutectoid cast steel, 10th Jubilee International Scientific Conference, “Achievements in Mechanical and Materials Engineering” AMME’2001, Gliwice-Kraków-Zakopane, 2001, 429-434.
-  J. Krawczyk, J. Pacyna The rolle of transformed ledeburite in high temperature tribology on the example of adamite rolls, Mat. Contemporary Achievements in Mechanics and Manufacturing and Materials Science, Gliwice Zakopane 2005, 535-540.
-  M. Durand-Charre Microstructure of Steels and Cast Irons, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York 2004.
-  J. Krawczyk, E. Rożniata, J. Pacyna The influence of hypereutectoid cementite morphology upon fracture toughness of chromium-nickel-molybdenum cast steel of ledeburite class, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 162-163(2005)336-341.
-  J. Pacyna CCT-diagram performance for L200HNM cast steel, Work of the Faculty of Metallurgy and Materials Science, AGH University of Science and Technology, Kraków, May 2003 (in Polish).
-  J. Krawczyk, J. Pacyna: The rolle of transformed ledeburite in high temperature tribology on the example of adamite rolls, Mat. Contemporary Achievements in Мechanics and Manufacturing and Materials Science, Gliwice-Zakopane 2005, 535-540.
-  E. Rożniata, J. Pacyna: Hypereutectoid cementite morphology and mechanical properties of Cr-Ni-Mo cast steel, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering. Volume 17, Issuse 1-2 (2006), July-August 2006, 145-148.
-  E. Rożniata, J.Pacyna: Structure of chromium – nickel-molybdenum cast steel after additional heat treatment, Archives of Foundry, Polish Academy of Sciences, Branch Katowice, Foundry Commission, Year 2006, Volume 6, no. 21 (1/2), 85-91. (in Polish).
-  E. Rożniata J.Pacyna: The problem of hypereutectoid cementite in G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel, Proc. on the XI Conference of Huta Buczek Ltd, Ustroń-Jaszowiec, March 2006, 67-84 (in Polish).
-  J. Pacyna: The structural and technological aspects of production and exploitation of heavy weight cast mill rolls, Proc. on the XI Conference of Huta Buczek Ltd, Ustroń-Jaszowiec, March 2006, 85-99 (in Polish).