Effect of sample-preparation methods on the quantification of selected flavonoids in plant materials by high performance liquid chromatography
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Extraction yield of flavonoids from plant material Sambucus nigra L. inflorescence and Polygonum aviculare herb was determined by use of various methods of liquid-solid extraction - Soxhlet extraction, ultrasonification (USAE), microwave-assisted extraction (MASE), and accelerated solvent extraction (ASE). Methanol was used as extractant. Crude extracts were evaporated to dryness and prepared to achieve fractionation of flavonoids by LLE or SPE. Samples containing the flavonoid fraction were analysed by RP-HPLC. For quantitative purposes the external standard method with a calibration plot for every standard was used. It was found that yield depends first of all on the plant material from which flavonoid fraction was extracted. For Sambucus nigra L. inflorescence the most effective method was exhaustive extraction in a Soxhlet apparatus. For Polygonum aviculare the most effective method was ASE. The best purification method was SPE on C 18adsorbent, which resulted in the highest recoveries and repeatabilities.
Bibliogr. 15 poz., rys., tab.
- Medical University of Lublin Department of Inorganic Chemistry Staszica 6 20-081 Lublin Poland Maria Curie-Skłodowska University Department of Chromatography, Faculty of Chemistry Maria Curie-Skłodowska Sq. 1 20-031 Lublin Poland, Monika.Hajnos@am.lublin.pl
-  S. Kohlmünzer, Pharmacognosy (in Polish), PZWL, Warsaw, 2003
-  J.D. Folts, Adv. Exp. Med. Biol., 505 , 95 (2002)
-  R.J. Korthui and D.C. Gute, Adv. Exp. Med. Biol., 505 , 181 (2002)
-  C. Rice-Evans, Curr. Med. Chem., 8 , 797 (2001)
-  B. Kaufmann and P. Christen, Phytochem. Anal., 13 , 105 (2002)
-  L. Pallaroni and C. von Holst, Anal. Bioanal. Chem., 376 , 908 (2003)
-  M.D. Luque de Castro and L.E. Garcia-Ayuso, Anal. Chim. Acta, 369 , 1 (1998)
-  E. Björklund, C.E. von Holst, and E. Anklam, Trends Anal. Chem., 21 , 39 (2002)
-  L.R. Snyder, J.J. Kirkland, and J.L. Glajch, Practical HPLC Method Development, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1997
-  M.D. Luque de Castro and M.P. Da Silva, Trends Anal. Chem., 16 , 16 (1997)
-  M. Waksmundzka-Hajnos, A. Oniszczuk, K. Szewczyk, and D. Wianowska, Acta Chromatogr., 19 , 227 (2007)
-  A.L. Dawidowicz, D. Wianowska, J. Gawdzik, and H.D. Smolarz, J. Liquid Chromatogr., 26 , 2381 (2003)
-  H. Strzelecka, J. Kamińska, J. Kowalski, and E. Walewska, Chemical Methods of Investigation of Medicinal Plant Material (in Polish), PZWL, Warsaw, 1982
-  M. Waksmundzka-Hajnos, A. Petruczynik, A. Dragan, D. Wianowska, and A.L. Dawidowicz, Phytochem. Anal., 15 , 313 (2004)
-  M. Waksmundzka-Hajnos, A. Petruczynik, A. Dragan, D. Wianowska, A.L. Dawidowicz, and I. Sowa, J. Chromatogr. B, 800 , 181 (2004).