Use of the Chromimage flatbed scanner for quantification of high-performance thin layer chromatograms in the visible and fluorescence-quenching modes
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
The ChromImage flatbed scanner densitometer with Galaxie-TLC software has been used for quantification of silica gel high-performance thin-layer chromatography (HPTLC). The visible mode was evaluated by determination of the recovery of a rhodamine B standard dye from a fourdye mixture and by determination of the precision of replicate analysis. Determinations of caffeine in multicomponent analgesic tablets and a cola beverage were performed in the fluorescence-quenching mode. Previously published methods for the tablet and beverage analyses were modified by using HPTLC plates with a brilliant ultraviolet indicator, and analysis of the beverage was further modified by automated application of standard and sample bands by use of a Linomat. Accuracy, precision, linearity, and sensitivity of these analyses with the ChromImage are reported.
Bibliogr. 7 poz., rys.
-  A. Campbell, M.J. Chejlava, and J. Sherma, J. Planar Chromatogr., 16, 244 (2003)
-  C. Sullivan and J. Sherma, J. Liq. Chromatogr. Related Technol., 26, 3453 (2003)
-  J. Sherma and R.L. Miller Jr, Am. Lab. (Shelton, CT), 16 (2), 126
-  E.A. Abourashed, J. Planar Chromatogr., 17, 375 (2004)
-  K. Ferenczi-Fodor, Z. Vegh, A. Nagy-Turak, B. Renger, and M. Zeller, J. AOAC Int., 84, 1265 (2001)
-  The American Beverage Association. Caffeine Content of Beverages. Retrieved on June 8, 2006 from http://www.ameribev.org/health/caffeinecontent.asp
-  J. Sherma, J. AOAC Int., 88, 85A (2005)