Calorimetry compared with gas chromatography: are comparable molar heat capacities obtained by use of these two approaches?
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
In this study molar heat capacities (Cp) were determined for aliphatic alcohols by using simple gas chromatographic data and mathematical models correctly derived from the laws and rules of physical chemistry and chromatography. The results obtained were compared with those derived by direct calorimetric measurement and with data calculated by use of the Kopp and Neumann rule. In this way an attempt was made to answer the question posed in the title of this paper–is the accuracy of the non-standard approach (even, if computationally rather complicated) comparable with that of the traditional measurement technique? From the results obtained it is clearly apparent that the results obtained by use of our novel approach are comparable with those originating from the other measurement and computational approaches. This paper is the latest in a series devoted to alternative methods for derivation of thermodynamic data from gas chromatographic results.
Bibliogr. 13 poz., rys., tab.
-  K. Ciążyńska-Halarewicz and T. Kowalska, Acta Chromatogr., 16, 119 (2006)
-  K. Ciążyńska-Halarewicz and T. Kowalska, Acta Chromatogr., 15, 97 (2005)
-  K. Ciążyńska-Halarewicz, E. Borucka, and T. Kowalska, Acta Chromatogr., 12, 49 (2002)
-  T. Kowalska, Acta Chromatogr., 11, 7 (2001)
-  K. Ciążyńska-Halarewicz and T. Kowalska, Acta Chromatogr., 13, 81 (2003)
-  K. Ciążyńska-Halarewicz and T. Kowalska, J. Chromatogr. Sci., 41, 467 (2003)
-  K. Ciążyńska-Halarewicz, M. Helbin, P. Korzenecki, and T. Kowalska, Mathematical models of solute retention in gas chromatography as sources of thermodynamic data. Part IV. Alcohols as the test analytes (paper in preparation)
-  CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 81st Edition, CRC Press, 2000
-  E.S. Domalski and E.D. Hearing, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 19, 881 (1990)
-  M. Zábranský, V. Růžička, and V. Majer, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 19, 719 (1990)
-  G. Défayes, K.S. Reddy, A. Dallos, and E. sz. Kováts, J. Chromatogr. A, 699, 131 (1995)
-  Poradnik fizykochemiczny, WNT, Warszawa, 1974
-  P. Korzenecki, An alternative approach to determination of the thermodynamic data for the homologues and congeners from the retention data derived by means of the capillary gas chromatography, combined with the semi-empirical mathematical models. The heat capacity of aliphatic alcohols (in Polish), MSc Thesis, The University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland, 2006