Od HACCP do ISO 22000 - wytyczne do praktycznej transformacji systemu
From HACCP to ISO 22000 - guidelines to practical transformation of the system
Since publication of IS022000 standard in 2005 within food industry there is a great interesting in implementation of a new standard. The main task of the standard is harmonization of requirements for food safety management systems implemented according to different standards, e.g. BRC, IPS and former DS3027. Obligatory implementation of HACCP rules required by EU food safety law caused a situation when the most of food sector companies completed or started implementation of the HACCP rules. Those companies which are going to implement IS022000 standard they must carry out many activities aimed at fulfillment of IS022000 requirements. In the article there are summarized the most important HACCP system areas which must be corrected during transformation into IS022000 system. Scope of the work has to be done depends on reliability of implemented HACCP. However, some fundamental system areas must be taken into account during every HACCP development. These areas include document control, food safety policy, food safety objectives, responsibilities and authorities, acceptable levels of food safety hazards, validation and categorization of control measures (HACCP/OPRP), raw materials specification, emergency preparedness and response, management review, traceability, internal audits, communication, verification, corrections and corrective actions and permanent improvement. Depending on scope and reliability of HACCP system during transformation some new system elements should be set up while the other system areas need little modifications and/or corrections. All these things are discussed in the paper and some guidelines to HACCP system transformation into IS022000 are formulated.
Bibliogr. 11 poz.
- 1. CAC, 2003, Recommended International Code of Practice. General Principles on Food Hygiene. CAC/RCP 1-1969, Rev.4.
- 2. Dzwolak W., 2008, Produkcja bezpiecznej żywności wg ISO 22000. Vademecum producenta żywności. BD Long, Olsztyn.
- 3. EFSA, 2005, Public consultation on: Draft opinion of the Scientific Panel on Biological Hazards on microbiological testing, criteria and other objectives. European Food Safety Authority, Q, 296.
- 4. Forgemand J., Jespersen D., 2004, ISO 22000 to ensure integrity of food supply chain. ISO Management Systems. September-October: 21-24.
- 5. ISI/ITC, 2007, ISO22000 Food Safety Management Systems. An easy-to-use checklist for small business. Are you ready? International Organization for Standarization - International Trade Centre UNCTAD/WTO, Geneva.
- 6. ISO 22000: 2005, Food safety management systems - Requirements for all organizations throughout the food chain.
- 7. Frost r., 2005, ISO 22000 standard for safe food supply chains. ISO Management Systems. July-August: 28.
- 8. Regulation (EC) No. 852/2004 of the European Parlament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs. OJ L139/1, 30.4.2004.
- 9. USDHHS/CFSAN, 2006, Managing Food Safety: A Regulators Manual for Applying HACCP Principles to Risk-Based Reatil and Food Service Inspections and Evaluating Voluntary Food Safety Management Systems. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition 2006.
- 10. Ustawa z dnia 25 sierpnia 2006 r. o bezpieczeństwie żywności i żywienia. Dz.U.2006, Nr 171, poz. 1225
- 11. WHO, 1997, IIACCP. Introducing the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point System. WHO/FSF/FOS, 2.