Inverse gas chromatographic evaluation of the extent of cross-linking of resins in grinding tools
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Production of abrasive materials includes the stages: covering of abrasive material with wetting agent, addition of binder, i.e. the filler with the binding material, mixing of the components, stabilization to achieve homogeneity of composition, and hardening. The most important processes affecting the properties of the final product are: the coverage of the abrasive materials, mixing, and proper hardening. The quality of abrasive materials strongly depends on their wettability . Ensuring the homogeneity of the mixture of precursors increases the quality of the final product. The effec-tiveness of the hardening process depends on the temperature programme used. Although determination of the wettability of abrasive materials is relatively simple, controlling the hardening process is much more compli-cated. The objective of the work discussed in this paper was evaluation of an inverse gas chromatographic (IGC) procedure for determination of the extent of cross-linking of the resins used in abrasive articles. The results showed that IGC is a simple and suitable method for qualitative estima-tion of the extent of cross-linking in grinding tools and for checking the homogeneity of the precursors of the product.
Bibliogr. 9 poz., rys., tab.
-  K. Woźniak, Abrasive Articles: Production and Properties, WNT, Warsaw, 1982, pp. 223-290 (in Polish)
-  M.P. Stevens, Introduction to Polymer Chemistry, PWN, Warsaw, 1983, pp. 303-313 (in Polish)
-  A. Gardziella, L.A. Pilato, and A. Knop, Phenolic Resin, 2nd edn, Springer, Berlin, 2000, pp. 24–51
-  H. Janik, Elastomery, 3, 16 (2001)
-  P.J. Flory and J. Rehner, J. Chem. Phys., 11, 521 (1943)
-  A. Voelkel, Crit. Rev. Anal. Chem., 22, 411 (1991)
-  H.P. Schreiber and D. R. Lloyd, Overview of Inverse Gas Chromatography. In: D. Arnould and R.L. Laurence (Eds) Inverse Gas Chromatography, American Chemical Society, Washington, DC, 1989
-  K. Milczewska and A. Voelkel, J. Chromatogr. A, 969, 255 (2002)
-  J. Fall, K. Milczewska, and A. Voelkel, J. Mater. Chem., 11, 1042 (2001)