Enhancement of colemanite flotation by ultrasonic pre-treatment
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Ultrasonic treatment methods are widely used for surface cleaning purposes prior to application of flotation. In this study, enhancement possibility for colemanite recovery was investigated with use of an ultrasonic bath prior to flotation. Representative colemanite ore samples from Hisarcik and Espey open pit mines, located in Emet, Turkey were used for this purpose. Ultrasonic flotation experiments were carried out by using circularly shaped RK-106 model of ultrasonic bath with constant frequency and power, manufactured by Bandelin GmbH in Germany and Denver Sub-2A type flotation machine with an impeller speed of 1200 rpm and 1 cubic decimeter capacity. The reagent for colemanite flotation was Cytec-R825 with variable dosages during conventional and ultrasonic flotation experiments. The results showed that ultrasonic pre-treatment helps desliming and hence yields more borate recovery in floated part with lower borate content in tailing than under conventional flotation conditions by using similar reagent dosages.
Bibliogr. 10 poz. fig.
- 1. ARSLAN, M., 2007, Emet borik asit urununun uretim surecinin iyilestirme analizi, Afyon Kocatepe University. M.Sc. Thesis, Turkey, (in Turkish).
- 2. CELIK, M.S., 1987, Effect of ultrasonic treatment on the floability of coal and galena, Sep. Sci. Technol. 24(14), 1159–1166.
- 3. CILEK, E.C., OZGEN, S., 2010, Improvement of the flotation selectivity in a mechanical flotation cell by ultrasound, Sep. Sci. Technol. 45: 572–579.
- 4. GUNGOREN, C., 2009, Ultrasonik ve mikrodalga enerjilerinin kolemanit flotasyonunda on islem olarak kullanma olanaklarinin arastirilmasi, Istanbul University, M.Sc. Thesis, Turkey, (in Turkish).
- 5. LETMAHE, C., BENKER, B., GUNTHER, L., 2002, Intensivierung der schaumflotation durch einsatz von ultraschall. Aufbereitungs Technik 43, 32–40.
- 6. MITOME, H., 2003, Action of ultrasound on particles and cavitation bubbles, In: Proc. World Congress on Ultrasonics, Paris, 2003, 2342-2346.
- 7. OZKAN, S.G., GUNGOREN, C., 2010, Investigation of ultrasonics use for colemanite flotation, Conference Proceedings of 10th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Geoconference – SGEM, 20-26 June, Bulgaria, vol. 1, 661–668.
- 8. OZKAN, S.G., KUYUMCU, H.Z., 2007, Design of a flotation cell equipped with ultrasound transducers to enhance coal flotation, Ultrason. Sonochem. 14(2), 524–529.
- 9. OZKAN, S.G., KUYUMCU, H.Z., 2006, Investigation of mechanism of ultrasound on coal flotation, Int. J. Miner. Process., 81(3), 201–203.
- 10. STOEV, S.M., 1992, Vibroacoustic improvements of froth flotation, Innovations in flotation technology, NATO ASI, the Netherlands, series vol. 208, 383–407.