Last 10 years of lean movement in Poland. Conclusions and prospects for the future
This article is a kind of report presenting the last 10 years of Lean Management development in Poland and forecasts for the future. It contains analyses of the interest in Lean concept in different industries and the results of its implementation over the last 10 years. The emphasis on different aspects of Lean Management in companies in Poland implementing this concept is discussed. The article presents current state of knowledge on effective implementation of lean approach. The importance of developing lean management culture and its components are highlighted. The last section discusses the prospects of further development of this concept and new areas of its applications that will be of greatest interest for industry in the forthcoming years.
Bibliogr. 11 poz., rys., wykr.
-  Rother M., Shook J., Learning to see. Value stream mapping to create value and eliminate muda, Lean Enterprise Institute, Cambridge, MA, USA 2003.
-  Rother M., Harris R., Creating continuous ﬂow. An action guide for managers, engineers and production associates, Lean Enterprise Institute, Cambridge, MA, USA 2001.
-  Smalley A., Creating Level Pull. A lean production system improvement guide for production-control, operations, and engineering professionals, Lean Enterprise Institute, Cambridge, MA, USA 2004.
-  Harris R., Harris Ch., Wilson E., Making materials ﬂow: a lean material-handling guide for operations, production-control, and engineering professionals, Lean Enterprise Institute, Cambridge, MA, USA 2003.
-  Jones D., Womack J., Seeing the whole: mapping the extended value stream, Lean Enterprise Institute, Cambridge, MA, USA 2003.
-  Horbal R., Misiurek B., On-job training. TWI method - Training Within Industry, Magazyn Przemysłowy, 8-9, 2009.
-  Wrona B., Graupp P., The TWI Workbook. Essential Skills for Supervisors, Productivity Press, New York, NY, USA 2006.
-  Koch T. et al., Lean beyond production, Proceedings form 8th International Lean Management Conference, Lean Enterprise Institite Polska, Wrocław 2008.
-  Shook J., Managing to learn, Lean Enterprise Institute, Cambridge, MA, USA 2009.
-  Grycuk A., Lean government - lean management concept at public administration, Analysis of The Bureau of Research at Chancellery of the Sejm, No. 3 (47), February 4th, 2011.
-  http://www.futuresme.eu