Doświadczenia i wzorce w kształtowaniu zabudowy w strefie podmiejskiej Warszawy
Treść / Zawartość
Experiences and patterns in shaping of suburbian zone building development of Warsaw
In the article entitled Experience and module in shaping buildings in the Warsaw suburban zone it raised the issue of specific conditions which shaped the conception of city planning foundations in Warsaw. The author stresses that the medieval arrangement of the city did not differ from commonly accepted modules and that such a state lasted and included the 16th century. Only in the next centuries namely in the 1 7th and 18th century did the situation change. The old Warsaw situated behind medieval walls lost its significance and prestige. Relocation of the capital to Warsaw created a new situation for development (mostly town-planning) of the city, exactly, together with the King's residence, splendid residences of nobility, magnates, churches and monasteries began to be built. Demand for new building areas increased and as there were no spare plots within the limits of medieval Warsaw, buildings started to be erected in the suburbs. In the 19th century forts engirdling the city with a double ring were a barrier to the natural development of a suburban zone. The growing number of Warsaw inhabitants and also fast developing industry exacted densification of the buildings inside the fortification. The result of it was town-planning chaos and lack of proportion between city and suburban zone After regaining independence attempts were made to repair the town-planning setting of the city and improvement of its appearance. The short period of relative political stabilization of the interwar era brought many interesting town-planning solutions which the author discusses in her article in more detail.
Bibliogr. 6 poz.
- 1. Bober T., 1935, Wystawa budowlano-mieszkaniowa BGK, V-VIII 1935, katalog.
- 2. Dziewulski S., 1933, Rozwój terytorialny Warszawy w ciągu wieków (1230-1930) [w:] Kronika Warszawy, t. III, Warszawa.
- 3. Leśniakowska M., 1996, Co to jest architektura?, Warszawa.
- 4. Różańska A., Krogulec T., Rylke J., 2002, Historia architektury i sztuki ogrodowej, Warszawa.
- 5. Różański S., 1968, Planowanie przestrzenne Warszawy 1916-1939 [w:] Warszawa II Rzeczypospolitej, t. 1, Warszawa.
- 6. Szwankowski E., 1970, O realizacjach urbanistycznych Warszawy 1919-1939 [w:] Warszwa II Rzeczypospolitej, t. 4, Warszawa.