Development of a 3D Dynamic Programming Method for Weather Routing
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
This paper presents a novel forward dynamic programming method for weather routing to min-imize ship fuel consumption during a voyage. Compared with the traditional two dimensional dynamic pro-gramming (2DDP) methods which only optimize the ship’s heading, while the engine power or propeller rota-tion speed are set as a constant throughout the voyage, this new method considers both the ship power setting and heading control. A float state technique is used to reduce the iteration on the process of optimization for computing time saving. This new method could lead to a real global-optimal routing in a comparison with a tradition weather routing method which results in a sub-optimal routing.
Bibliogr. 14 poz., rys., tab.
-  Aligne F, Papageorgiou M, & Walter E. 1998. Incorporating power variations into weather routing and why it may lead to better results. IFAC Control Applications in Marine Systems, Fukuoka, Japan, pp 269-274.
-  Bijlsma S.J. 1975. On minimal-time ship routing. PhD thesis. Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute, Delft University of Technology.
-  Calvert S, Deakins E & R. Motte. 1991. A dynamic system for fuel optimisation trans-ocean. Journal of Navigation 44(2): 233-265.
-  Calvert S. 1990. Optimal weather routeing procedures for vessels on trans-oceanic voyages. PhD thesis, Polytechnic South West.
-  Chen H. 1978. A dynamic program for minimum cost ship routing under uncertainty. PhD thesis, Dept. of Ocean Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
-  Chinmaya Prasad Padhy, Debabrata Sen, & Prasad Kumar Bhaskaran. 2008. Application of wave model for weather routing of ships in the North Indian Ocean. Natural Hazards 44(3): 373-385.
-  De Wit C. 1990. Proposal for low cost ocean weather routeing. Journal of Navigation 43(3): 428-439.
-  Hagiwara H & Spaans JA. 1987. Practical weather routeing of sail-assisted motor vessels. Journal oF Navigation 40: 96-119.
-  Hagiwara H. 1989. Weather routing of (sail-assisted) motor vessels. PhD thesis, Delft University of Technology.
-  Harries S, Hinnenthal J.2004. A systematic study on posing and solving the problem of pareto optimal ship routing. 3rd International Conference on Computer Applications and Information Technology in the Maritime Industries (COM-PIT 2004), Siguenza, Spain.
-  Klompstra M.B, Olsde GJ & Van Brunschot Pkgm. 1992. The isopone method in optimal control. Dynamics and Control 2(3):281-301.
-  Kyriakos Avgouleas. 2008. Optimal ship routing. Msc thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
-  Masaru Tsujimoto, Katsuji Tanizawa (2006) Development of a weather adaptive navigation system considering ship performance in actual seas. Proceedings of OMAE2006 25th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, Hamburg, Germany.
-  Spaans J.A. 1995. New developments in ship weather routing. Navigation 169: 95-106