A relaying scheme for detection and classification of shunt faults in six-phase transmission system based on DFT-FIS approach
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Hitherto many schemes based on the fuzzy system have been protected by a three-phase transmission system, but not by a six-phase transmission system. This paper sets out a novel protection scheme based on DFT-FIS approach for detection/classification of shunt faults in a six-phase transmission system. In this scheme, two separate DFT-FIS modules have been designed to detect the presence of fault in any of the six-phase(s) and to identify the presence of ground in the fault loop, thus classifying all 120 types of fault in a six-phase transmission line. The six-phase voltage and current signals are collected at one end of the transmission line only, thus circumvent dependence on a communication link for remote end data. A widerange of fault simulation studies were carried out in MATLAB/Simulink environment for all possible shunt fault combinations by varying fault locations, fault inception angle, fault resistance, short circuit capacity (SCC) of the source and at various fault conditions such as: close-in faults, remote-end faults, high resistance faults, including CT saturation. Furthermore, the relay operation time in fault detection/classification is less than one-cycle (<16.67ms) and since the scheme does not experience any malfunction it is deemed reliable and adaptable.
Bibliogr. 29 poz., rys., tab., wykr.
-  S. S. Venkata, W. C. Guyker, J. Kondragunta, N. K. Saini, E. K. Stanek, 138-kv, six-phase transmission system: Fault analysis, IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems 101 (5) (1982) 1203–1218.
-  N. B. Bhatt, S. S. Venkata, W. C. Guyker, W. H. Booth, Six-phase (multi-phase) power transmission system: Fault analysis, IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems 96 (3) (1977) 758–767.
-  S. S. Venkata, W. C. Guyker, J. Kondragunta, N. B. Bhatt, N. K. Saini, Eppc - a computer program for six-phase transmission line design, IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems 101 (7) (1982) 1859–1869.
-  Y. Onogi, K. Isaka, A. Chiba, Y. Okumoto, A method of suppressing fault currents and improving the ground level electric field in a novel six-phase power transmission system, IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems 102 (4) (1983) 870–880.
-  D. D. Wilson, J. R. Stewart, Switching surge characteristics of sixphase transmission lines, IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems 103 (4) (1984) 3393–3401.
-  R. Ramaswami, S. S. Venkata, M. A. El Sharkawi, Six-phase transmission systems: Capacitance switching, IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems 103 (12) (1984) 3681–3687.
-  M. W. Mustafa, M. R. Ahmad, Transient stability analysis of power system with six-phase converted transmission line, in: Proceedings of First International Power and Energy Conference PECon, 2006, pp. 262–266.
-  A. A. Hajjar, M. M. Mansour, H. E. A. Tallat, Wavelets for six-phase transmission lines relaying: Fault classification and phase selection, in: Proceedings of IEEE MELECON, 2002, pp. 235–239.
-  Z. Husain, B. R. K. Singh, C. S. N. Tiwari, Multi-phase (6-phase & 12-phase) transmission lines: Performance characteristics, International Journal Of Mathematics And Computers In Simulation 1 (2) (2007) 150–159.
-  C. M. Portela, M. C. Tavares, Six-phase transmission line – propagation characteristics and new three-phase representation, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery 8 (3) (1993) 1470–1483.
-  Y. H. Song, A. T. Johns, R. K. Aggarwal, Digital simulation of fault transients on six-phase transmission systems, in: proceedings of IEEE 2nd International Conference on Advances in Power System Control, Operation and Management, 1993, pp. 385–388.
-  J. E. Stamp, A. A. Girgis, Fault location technique for six phase transmission lines with unsynchronized phasors, in: proceedings of IEEET ransmission and Distribution Conference, no. 663-667, 1999.
-  A. A. Hajjar, M. M. Mansour, H. E. A. Talaat, S. O. Faried, Distance protection for six-phase transmission lines based on fault induced highfrequency transients and wavelets, in: proceedings of IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical & Computer Engineering, 2002, pp. 7–11.
-  M. A. Redfern, Applying distance relays to protect six-phase ac transmission lines, in: proceedings of IEE on Developments in Power System Protection, no. 434, 1997, pp. 222–226.
-  A. Apostolov, W. George, Protecting nyseg’s six-phase transmission line, in: proceedings of IEEE conference on Computer Applications, 1992, pp. 33–36.
-  A. A. Hajjar, M. M. Mansour, A microprocessor and wavelets based relaying approach for online six-phase transmission lines protection, in: proceedings of the 41st International Universities Power Engineering Conference, UPEC ’06, 2006, pp. 819–823.
-  M. M. Mansour, H. E. Talaat, A. A. Hajjar, Ultra-high-speed relaying approach for six-phase transmission lines, in: proceedings of IEEE Power Engineering Review, 2002, pp. 50–51.
-  S. Warathe, R. N. Patel, Six-phase transmission line over current protection by numerical relay, in: proceedings of International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication Systems (ICACCS-2015), 2015, pp. 1–5.
-  E. Koley, A. Jain, A. S. Thoke, A. Jain, S. Ghosh, Detection and classification of faults on six phase transmission line using ann, in: proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer & Communication Technology, 2011, pp. 100–103.
-  E. Koley, A. Yadav, A. S. Thoke, A new single-ended artificial neural network-based protection scheme for shunt faults in the six-phase transmission line, International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems (2015) 1257–1280.
-  R. N. Mohanty, P. B. D. Gupta, A fuzzy logic based fault classification approach using current samples only, Electric Power Systems Research 77 (2007) 501–507.
-  A. Yadav, A. Swetapadma, Enhancing the performance of transmission line directional relaying, fault classification and fault location schemes using fuzzy inference system, IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution 9 (6) (2015) 580–591.
-  A. Swetapadma, A. Yadav, Fuzzy inference system approach for locating series, shunt, and simultaneous series-shunt faults in double circuit transmission line, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience 1 (2015) 1–12.
-  C. Cecati, K. Razi, Fuzzy logic based high accurate fault classification of single and double circuit power transmission lines, in: proceedings of International Symposium on Power Electronics, Electrical Drives, Automation and Motion, 2012, pp. 883–889.
-  P. K. Patrick, J. Z. Chan, Z.W. Qiu, Three-phase fault location based on multiple classifier systems in double-circuit transmission lines, in: International Conference on Wavelet Analysis and Pattern Recognition, 2012, pp. 250–254.
-  A. J. Ali, A. A. Allu, R. K. Antar, Fuzzy logic based technique single phase auto-reclosing protection system of a double circuit transmission line, in: proceedings of The First International Conference of Electrical, Communication, Computer, Power and Control Engineering, 2013, pp. 1–6.
-  J. A. C. B. Silva, K. M. Silva, Sampling frequency influence at fault locations using algorithms based on artificial neural networks, in: 15-19 (Ed.), proceedings of Fourth World Congress on Nature and Biologically Inspired Computing (NaBIC), 2012, pp. 15–19.
-  S. Cai, G. Liu, Study on application of fisher information for power system fault detection, Journal of Power Technologies (2016) 692–701.
-  S. Mojtahedzadeh, S. N. Ravadanegh, M. R. Haghifam, A framework for optimal clustering of a greenfield distribution network area into multiple autonomous microgrids, Journal of Power Technologies 96 (4) (2016) 219–228.
Opracowanie rekordu w ramach umowy 509/P-DUN/2018 ze środków MNiSW przeznaczonych na działalność upowszechniającą naukę (2018).