Robustness and disturbance rejection with application of linear MPC technique to industrial manipulators
Treść / Zawartość
This paper studies an application of linear MPC and PID techniques to a 6-DOF industrial manipulator. The manipulator is IRp-6 made by ABB during 70s of last century. It is characterized by high gear ratios and joint linear friction. These make the control task more convenient for PID. The robustness and stability against model un-certainty were examined. Also, the effi ciency of both techniques against noise rejection was checked by adding a white Gaussian noise. Results of simulation prove the advantages of MPC technique to PID in robustness and noise rejection.
Bibliogr. 17 poz., tab., wykr., rys.
-  Corke, P.I. “Robotic toolbox”. www.cat.csiro.au/cmst/staff /pic/robot, April 2002.
-  Tatjewski, P. Advanced Control of Industrial Processes structures and algorithms. London: Springs, 2007.
-  Craig, John. Robotics mechanics & control. Addison-Wesley: 1986.
-  Lewis, F.L., D.W. Dawson and C.T. Abdullah Marcel. Robot manipulator control theory and practice. Dekker Inc., 2004.
-  Spong, M., S. Hutchinson and M. Vidyasagar, Robot Modeling and control. Wiley, 2006.
-  Qin, S. and T. Badgwell. “An Overview of Nonlinear Model Predictive Control Applications”. Verlag, 2000: 369–392.
-  Qin, S. and T. Badgwell. “A survey of industrial model predictive control technology”. Control Engineering Practice 11 (2003): 733–764.
-  Morari, Manfred and Jay Lee. “Model predictive control: past, present and future”. Computers and Chemical Engineering 23 (1999): 667–682.
-  Garcia, C., et al. “Model Predictive Control: Th eory and Practice — a Survey”. Automatica 25, 3 (1989): 335--348.
-  Richalet, J., et al. “Predictive Functional Control. Application to Fast and Accurate Robots”. 10th IFAC World Congress. Munich, 1997.
-  Poignet, Ph. and M. Gautier. “Nonlinear Model Predictive Control of a Robot Manipulator”. IEEE 0-7803-5976-3 (2000): 401–406.
-  Vivas, A. and V. Mosquera. “Predictive functional control of a PUMA robot”. ACSE 05 Conference. CICC, Cairo Egypt, 19–21 December 2005.
-  Duchaine, Vincent, et al. Motion Control of a Rigid Manipulator in Free Space Based on Model Predictive Control. Canada: University of Laval.
-  Mayne, D., et al. “Constrained model predictive control: Stability and optimality”. Automatica 36 (2000): 789--814.
-  Brogardh, T. “Present and future robot control development an industrial perspective”. Annual Review in Control 31(1), 2007: 69–79.
-  Benniran, A. “Superiority of MPC controller to CTC controller in obstacle avoidance with application to IMI direct drive 2-DOF manipulator”. 4th international PhD students and young scientists conference. Warsaw, Poland, 21–23 Sep. 2009.
-  Benniran, A. “Application of non-linear MPC-CTC-PD hybrid controller to IRp-6 manipulator”. PIAP conference, 2010.