The semi-Markov model of the process of appearance of sea-going ship propupsion system ability and inability states in application to determining the reliablity of these systems
Treść / Zawartość
The article presents possible application of the theory of semi-Markov processes in creating the eight-state model of the process of appearance of the propulsion systems ability and inability states on sea-going vessels performing transportation tasks in a relatively long operating time t (t → ∞). The model has been proved to be able to be successfully used for determining the reliability of the abovementioned systems. The probability of faultless operation in time t was assumed the measure of system reliability. Operating situations of sea-going vessels were characterised, with special attention being paid to the fact that the loads of propulsion system components of these vessels are of random nature. These loads lead to damages which for this reason were also considered random events. It was also assumed that the damages provoke the appearance of states of inability of particular ship propulsion system components which means that these states are random events as well. The states of ability of a given ship propulsion system have been assumed to exist when all components of this system are in the state of ability. In case when at least one component is in the state of inability, the entire system is in the state of inability. Conditions were formulated for the reliability model of an arbitrary system to be able to be worked out in the form of the semi-Markov process. The need for the use of technical diagnostics in reliability examination of sea-going ship propulsion systems was indicated. In conclusions, certain qualities of the article were highlighted which are, in author’s opinion, of highest importance in reliability examination of sea-going ship propulsion systems.
Bibliogr. 23 poz., rys.
- 1. Girtler J.: Applicability of semi-Markov processes as models of machine operation processes (in Polish). Machine Operation Issues (Zagadnienia Eksploatacji Maszyn), Warsaw 1996, z.3(107) pp. 419-428.
- 2. Girtler J.: Reliability model of two-shaft turbine combustion engine with heat regenerator. Journal of KONES Powertrain and Transport, Vol. 132, No. 4, 2006, pp.15-22.
- 3. Girtler J.: Possibility of defining theoretical operation for diesel engines in energy terms. Combustion Engines (Silniki Spalinowe), no. 3, 2011, pp. 1-9 [pdf].
- 4. Girtler J.: A method for evaluating the performance of a marine piston internal combustion engine used as the main engine on a ship during its voyage in different sailing conditions. Polish Maritime Research, Vol. 17 No. 4, 2010, pp. 31-38.
- 5. Girtler J.: Diagnostics as the condition for controlling the operation of marine internal combustion engines (in Polish). PNA studies, (Studia WSM) No. 28, Szczecin 1997.
- 6. Girtler J.: Physical aspects of application and usefulness of semi-Markov processes for modeling the processes occurring in operational phase of technical objects. Polish Maritime Research, Vol. 11, No 3, 2004, pp. 25-30.
- 7. Girtler J.: Quantum issues in diagnostics of marine energy machines and devices. Scientific Journals of the Maritime University of Szczecin. – No 30(102).
- 8. Girtler J.: Aspects of quantum diagnostics of machines (in Polish). XXXIX Machine Diagnostics Symposium. Wisla, 04÷10.03. 2012, Materials issued as article abstracts and on CD, 23 p. Publications of the Faculty of Transport of theSilesian University of Technology (Wyd. Wydział Transportu Politechniki Śląskiej), Katowice 2012.
- 9. Girtler J., Kitowski Z., Kuriata A.: Ship safety at sea. System approach (in Polish). WKiŁ, Warsaw1995.
- 10. Girtler J., Kuszmider S., Plewiński L.: Selected issues of sea-going ship operation in the aspect of safety of sailing. Monograph (in Polish). WSM, Szczecin 2003.
- 11. Grabski F.: Semi-Markov models of reliability and operation (in Polish). PAN IBS, Series: System Research (Badania Systemowe) vol. 30, Warsaw 2002.
- 12. Grabski F.: Theory of semi-Markov processes of technical object operation (in Polish). Scientific Reports of PNA (Zeszyty Naukowe AMW), no. 75A, Gdynia 1982.
- 13. Jadźwiński J., Borgoń J: Operating reliability and safety of flights (in Polish). WKiŁ, Warsaw 1989.
- 14. Kiliński A.: Descriptive and normative definitions of the idea of reliability (in Polish). Quality Issues (Problemy Jakości), No. 3, Warsaw 1972, pp.5−13.
- 15. Limnios N., Oprisan G.: Semi-Markov Processes and Reliability. Boston, Birkhauser 2001.
- 16. Piotrkowski I., Witkowski K.: Operation of marine internal combustion engines (in Polish). AM Gdynia 2002.
- 17. Сильвестров Д. С.: Полумарковские процессы с дискретным множеством состояний. Издательство „Советское Радио”. Москва, 1980.
- 18. Wojnowski W.: Marine power plants (in Polish). Part. I. PNA Publications (wyd. AMW), Gdynia 1998.
- 19. Wiśniewski B.: Wind undulation (in Polish). Scientific publications of SU (Wyd. Naukowe USz)., Szczecin 1998.
- 20. Machine diagnostics engineering (in Polish). Collective work, editors: B. Żółtowski and C. Cempel. PTDT. Wyd. ITE, Warsaw, Bydgoszcz, Radom 2004.
- 21. Reliability manual (in Polish). Collective work, editor: J. Migdalski. Publications of Machine Industry (Wydawnictwa Przemysłu Maszynowego) „WEMA”, Warsaw 1982
- 22. MAN B&W Diesel A/S: CoCoS Maintenance, Designed for Maintenance Excellence, Copenhagen 2005.
- 23. Wartsila Corporation: Service News from Wartsila Corporation 2 2002/1 2003, CBM for two stroke engines, Kaidara Software, Wartsila Corporation Helsinki, March 2003.