Computer aided confirming orders of configurable products - case study of data preparation
Treść / Zawartość
According to requirements of the market a great number of small companies are forced to offer a wide product variety and often to respond to the market with customized solutions. At the same time, fast delivery is often a key to win orders. Recent developments in Information Technology (IT) made available also for small companies a class of software tools called product configurators. This paper presents a method of confirming orders for configurable products, focusing on data preparation for IT systems. The method enables efficient management of a large number of product variants. The empirical evidence suggests that, in order to exploit the full potential advantages of product configuration, changes in the organization and support IT systems are needed. This paper reports a case study of the implementation of a product configuration software in small and medium (SME) manufacturing enterprises. The example of the manufacturing roller shutter was chosen.
Bibliogr. 9 poz., fig., tab.
-  Adenso-Diaz B., Lozano S., Eguia I.: Part-machine grouping using weighted similarity coefficients. Computers & Industrial Engineering 48 (2005) 553–570.
-  Ball A., Ding L., Patel M., An approach to accessing product data across system and software revisions. Advanced Engineering Informatics 22 (2008) 222–235.
-  Ben-Arieh D.: Analysis of a distributed group technology methodology. Computers Industry Engineering. Vol. 35. pp. 69-72 (1998).
-  Bozarth, C., McDermott, C.M.,. Configurations in manufacturing strategy: A review and directions for future research. Journal of Operations Management 16, (1998) 427–439.
-  Da Silveira G., Borenstein D., Fogliatto F. S.: Mass customization: Literature review and research directions. Int. J. Production Economics 72 (2001) 1-13.
-  Dai K., Li Y., Han J., Lu X., Zhang S.: An interactive web system for integrated threedimensional customization. Computers in Industry 57 (2006) 827–837.
-  Elgh F.: Supporting management and maintenance of manufacturing knowledge in design automation systems. Advanced Engineering Informatics 22 (2008) 445–456.
-  Eynard B., Gallet T., Nowak P., Roucoules L.: UML based specifications of PDM product structure and workflow. Computers in Industry 55 (2004) 301–316.
-  HOUTZEEL A.: Group Technology. Maynard's Industrial Engineering Handbook (5th Edition), Edited by: Zandin, Kjell B, McGraw-Hill 2001.