Design of control system for active vibration suppression of trapezoidal plate
Treść / Zawartość
An active vibration control system is proposed for suppressing the small amplitude plate vibration. The structure under study is a vibrating trapezoidal plate, having a constant thickness, to which MFC (Micro Fiber Composite) actuator is bonded. It was assumed, that the plate clamped at one edge is excited by a uniform periodic force generated by a loudspeaker. The control problem lies in using MFC actuator to reduce the plate vibrations. For the system under consideration the mathematical model obtained on the base of parametric identification method is constructed. This part of the research was done with the help of Polytec laser vibrometer. The apparatus is highly advanced tool that allows measurement of vibration of examined structure. With transfer function model obtained in identification process, using Matlabs Identification Toolbox, feedback control laws was created for changing response of the system in desired way. There are many ways to model controller having mathematical model of the object. In this article, authors propose approach to design an effective controller for vibration suppression of a trapezoidal plate with the use of the pole placement method in graphical SISOTool environment. This article describes concept, results of simulation tests and implementation for the designed controller.
Bibliogr. 13 poz., il. kolor., fot., wykr.
- 1. H. T. Banks, R. C. Smith, Y. Wang, Smart Material Structures: Modeling, Estimation and Control, Wiley-Masson, New York, 1996.
- 2. G. Ferrari, M. Amabili, Active vibration control of a sandwich plate by noncollocated positive position feedback, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 342 (2015) 44 - 56.
- 3. L. Leniowska, M. Sierżęga, The vibration control of a circular plate by the use of a parametric controller with phase shift adjustment, Mechatronics, 58 (2019) 39 - 46.
- 4. D. Mazan, L. Leniowska, MFC Sensors and Actuators in Active Vibration Control of the Circular Plate, Archives of Acoustics, 40(2) (2015) 257 - 265.
- 5. K. Mazur, M. Pawełczyk, Feed-forward equalization of sound radiation from a vibrating plate, Mechanics and Control, 31(1) (2012) 35 - 39.
- 6. K. Mierzejewski, L. Leniowska, Active Vibration Control of Trapezoidal Plate using MFC Collocated Sensor/Actuator, IEEE Proceedings of 2018 Joint Conference Acoustics, Ed. Jacek Marszal, Iwona Kochańska, 188 - 191. EEE Conference Record: # 44813.
- 7. A. Preumont, K. Seto, Active Control of Structures, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. 2008.
- 8. M. Sierżęga, L. Leniowska, The application of xPC target platform for a circular plate vibration control, Solid State Phenomena, 248 (2016) 135 - 141.
- 9. T. Söderström, P. Stoica, System identification, Prentice Hall Int., London, 1989.
- 10. T. D. Usher, K. R. Ulibarri, G. S. Camagaro, Piezoelectric Microfiber Composite Actuators for Morphing Wings, ISRN Materials Science, (2013), Article ID 189659.
- 11. W. K. Wilkie, G. R. Bryant, J. W. High et al., NASA Langley Research Center Macro-Fiber Composite Actuator (LaRC-MFC): Technical Overview, 2004.
- 12. S. Wrona, M. Pawełczyk, Controllability-oriented placement of actuators for active noise-vibration control of rectangular plates using a memetic algorithm, Archives of Acoustics, 38(4) (2013) 529 - 536.
- 13. S. Wrona, M. Pawełczyk, Shaping frequency response of a vibrating plate for passive and active control applications by simultaneous optimization of arrangement of additional masses and ribs. Part I Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing 70, 682 - 698.