Special kind of multimaterial topology optimization
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Topology optimization provides an answer to the question how to distribute the available material in a design domain. The optimization process (usually aided by postprocessing) results in a material-void distribution, also called (in terms of relative density) a 0/1 distribution, which is graphically represented as a black-and-white distribution. Assuming that the optimum solution is such for which the energy accumulated in the construction is minimum, an optimum construction topology was arrived at. In this solution the material is in the same areas in which it would be for a 0/1 solution, however the relative density in the design domain is not only equal to zero or one, but also assumes values between zero and one (the values are closer to one than to zero). In this way a construction whose material properties vary from point to point in a way directly dependent on the effort of the material, i.e. adequately to the needs arising from the necessity of carrying the load by the construction, was obtained. Thus through the use of a proper optimization approach and the proposed algorithm a construction built from a material with graded mechanical properties was obtained.
Bibliogr. 9 poz., rys., tab., wykr.
- Civil Engineering Institute, Wrocław University of Technology, Wyb. Wyspiańskiego 27, 50-370 Wrocław, Poland, email@example.com
- Civil Engineering Institute, Wrocław University of Technology, Wyb. Wyspiańskiego 27, 50-370 Wrocław, Poland, firstname.lastname@example.org
-  J.J. Telega, T. Lekszycki, Bone remodeling as a time-dependent elastic shape optimization problem, Acta of Bioengineering and Biomechanics 3 (Suppl. 2) (2001) S555-S562.
-  M. Nowak, Structural optimization system based on trabecular bone surface adaptation, Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization 32 (2006) 241-249.
-  L. Liu, J. Yan, G. Cheng, Optimum structure with homogeneous optimum truss-like material, Computer and Structures 86 (2008) 1417-1425.
-  M.P. Bendsøe, Optimal shape design as a material distribution problem, Structural Optimization 1 (1989) 193-202.
-  E. Ramm, K.U. Bletzinger, R. Reitinger, K. Maute, The challenge of structural optimization, in: B.H.V. Topping, M. Papadrakakis (Eds.), Advanced in Structural Optimization, International Conference on Computational Structures Technology held in Athen, 1994, pp. 27-52.
-  M.P. Bendsøe, O. Sigmund, Material interpolation schemes in topology optimization, Archive of Applied Mechanics 69 (1999) 635-654.
-  M.P. Bendsøe, O. Sigmund, Topology Optimization, Theory, Methods and Applications, Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York, 2003.
-  R. Kutyłowski, On nonunique solutions in topology optimization, Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization 23 (2002) 398-403.
-  R. Kutyłowski, Optymalizacja topologii kontinuum materialnego (Topology optimization of continuum structure) (in Polish), Oficyna Wydawnicza Politechniki Wrocławskiej, 2004.