Manufacturing documentation for the high-variety products
Treść / Zawartość
In the last years researches in engineering have moved towards customer-oriented manufacturing. The individual customer’s requirements are very important for the company’s activities. It results in high-variety production. High-variety production like mass customization is facing the challenge of effective variety management. Applying methods of mass customization to the empirical process can improve the efficiency of product development process and reduce time and cost. The manufacturing process requires documentation of the production. Very often, the documentation process and the time of its formation is limited. One possible way to solve this problem is to automatically create documentation in electronic form. Then, without having to print, distribute them directly to the panel of the machine. In the process of creating manufacturing documentation, this method takes into account alternative manufacturing processes and the current availability of labor resources The article is an attempt at the analysis of the modern manufacturing systems and answering the question, how it is possible to produce without having documentation in paper form. The presented solution is used for the high-variety products manufactured in the SMEs. The method was validated in the conditions of best practice high-variety production.
Bibliogr. 20 poz., rys.
- University of Bielsko-Biała, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science, Department of Industrial Engineering, Poland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Bielsko-Biała, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science, Department of Industrial Engineering, Poland
- University of Žilina, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Industrial Engineering, Slovakia
-  Matta A., Tolio T., Karaesmen F., Dallery Y., An integrated approach for the configuration of automated manufacturing systems, Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 17, 19-26, 2001.
-  Steiner F., Hergenr¨other I., Modular product architectures as an enabler of the simultaneous application of a mass customisation strategy and efficient ramp-up management, International Journal of Product Development, 19 (4), 231-253, 2014.
-  Da Silveira, G., Borenstein D., Fogliatto F.S., Mass customization: Literature review and research directions, International Journal of Production Economics, 72, 1-13, 2001.
-  Pine B.J., Mass Customization: The New Frontier in Business Competition, Harvard Business School Press, Boston, 1993.
-  Spring M., Dalrymple J.F., Product customization and manufacturing strategy, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 20 (4), 441-467, 2000.
-  Zhang L., Lee C., Xu Q., Towards product customization: An integrated order fulfillment system, Computers in Industry, 61, 213-222, 2010.
-  Kumar A., Mass customization: manufacturing issues and taxonomic analyses, International Journal of Flexible Manufacturing Systems, 19, 625-629, 2007.
-  Mac Carthy B., Brabazon P.G., Bramham J., Fundamental modes of operation for mass customization, Int. J. Production Economics, 85, 289-304, 2003.
-  Tien J.M., Manufacturing and services: From mass production to mass customization, Journal of Systems Science and Systems Engineering, 20 (2), 129-154, 2011.
-  Ulrikkeholm J.B., Lars Hvam L., The cost of customising: assessing the performance of a modular product programme, International Journal of Product Development, 19 (4), 214-230, 2014.
-  Djassemi M., Sena J.A., The Paperless Factory: A Review of Issues and Technologies, IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, 6/12, 2006.
-  Yao A.C., arlson J.G., The impact of real-time data communication on inventory management, International Journal of Production Economics, 49 (1-3), 213-219, 1999.
-  Porter J.D., Kim D.S., Paotrakool K., Performance evaluation of heterogeneous wireless local area networks, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 48, 251-271, 2005.
-  Li W.D., Fuh J.Y.H., Wong Y.S., An internetenabled integration system for co-design and concurrent engineerings, Computers in Industry, 55 (1), 87-103, 2003.
-  Mleczko J., Manufacturing processes creating with use of dynamic classification in conditions of unit and small-batch production, Publishing House of University of Bielsko-Biała, 2014.
-  Duda J., Pobożniak J., Concurrent Development of Products, Processes and Manufacturing Systems in PLM Environment, Management and Production Engineering Review, 2 (2), 4-15, 2011.
-  Zhou Ch., Lin Z., Liu C., Customer-driven product configuration optimization for assemble-to-order manufacturing enterprises, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 38, 185-194, 2008.
-  Zhang Y., Ji Y., Qi G., Dong J., A Universal Knowledge-Network Model for Customizing the Products, International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications (JDCTA), 6 (21), 571-577, 2012
-  Mleczko J., High-variety products manufacturing based on dynamic classification, Advances in Manufacturing Science and Technology, 35 (3), 71-86, 2011.
-  Békés J., Similarity, variant and generative process planning, WEB Journal, CA Systems in Production Planning, University of Zilina, Slovakia Cracow University of Technology, Poland, 2002.