Effect of reclaimed asphalt pavement gradation variation on the homogeneity of recycled hot-mix asphalt
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Now, flexible pavement, made of hot-mix asphalt with the addition of the reclaimed asphalt pavement granules in the central asphalt mixing plant, is increasingly used. The amount of the added reclaimed asphalt pavement depends on mineral materials and their homogeneity. The article presents the algorithm for predicting the composition of mineral constituent of recycled hot-mix asphalt, taking into consideration the variation of gradation of all mineral materials and reclaimed asphalt pavement, in the absence of random batching errors. When simulating, the gradations of the reclaimed asphalt pavement and mineral materials are selected by using a random number generator. The example of simulation is presented and the results obtained are analyzed.
Bibliogr. 37 poz., tab., wykr.
-  M. Kim, J.H. Lee, Study on nonlinear pavement responses of low volume roadways subject to multiple wheel loads, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management 17 (1) (2011) 45-54.
-  A. Vaitkus, A. Laurinaviius, R. Oginskas, A. Motiejnas, M. Pauliukait, D. Barvidiene, The road of experimental pavement structures: experience of five years operation, The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering 7 (3) (2012) 220-227.
-  A. Manik, K. Chatti, K. Gopalakrishnan, Relating flexible pavement acceptance criteria to performance using MEPDG stimulations and piecewise cubic spline interpolation, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management 18 (1) (2012) 125-132.
-  V. Haritonovs, J. Smirnovs, J. Naudziuns, Prediction of rutting formation in asphalt concrete pavement, The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering 5 (1) (2010) 38-42.
-  P. Rajbongshi, Comparative study on temperature stresses in asphalt material using nonlinear viscoelastic approach, Journal of Transportation Engineering 137 (10) (2011) 717-722.
-  A. Laurinavicius, D. Miskinis, R. Vaiskunaite, Analysis and evaluation of the effect of the effect of studded tyres on road pavement and environment (III), The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering 5 (3) (2010) 169-176.
-  K. Gopalakrishnan, S. Kim, H. Ceylan, Non-destructive evaluation of in-place rehabilitated concrete pavements, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management 16 (4) (2010) 552-560.
-  A. Grinys, H. Sivilevicius, M. Dauksys, Tyre rubber additive effect on concrete mixture strength, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management 18 (3) (2012) 393-401.
-  A.G. Graeff, K. Pilakoutas, K. Neocleous, M.V.N.N. Peres, Fatigue resistance of concrete pavements reinforced with recycled steel fibers recovered from post-consumer tyres, Engineering Structures 45 (2012) 385-395.
-  L.P.T.L. Fontes, G. Triches, J.C. Pais, P.A.A. Pereira, Evaluating permanent deformation in asphalt rubber mixtures, Construction and Building Materials 24 (7) (2010) 1193-1200.
-  F.M. Navarro, M.C.R. Gomez, Influence of crumb rubber on the indirect tensile strength and stiffness modulus of hot bituminous mixes, Journal of Materials and Civil Engineering 24 (6) (2012) 715-724.
-  A.K. Apeagyei, B.K. Diefenderfer, S.D. Diefenderfer, Rutting resistance of asphalt concrete mixtures that contain recycled asphalt pavement, Transportation Research Record 2208 (2011) 9-16.
-  M. Wu, H. Wen, M. Balasingam, K.N. Manahiloh, Influence of recycled asphalt pavement content on air void distribution, permeability and modulus base layer, Transportation Research Record 2267 (2012) 65-71.
-  X. Shu, B. Huang, D. Vukosavljevic, Laboratory evolution of fatigue characteristics of recycled asphalt mixture, Construction and Building Materials 22 (7) (2008) 1323-1330.
-  Y. Seo, O. El-Haggan, M. King, J. Lee, Y.R. Kim, Air voids models for the dynamic modulus, fatigue cracking, and rutting of asphalt concrete, Journal of Materials and Civil Engineering 19 (10) (2007) 874-883.
-  F.L. Roberts, L.N. Mohammad, L.B. Wang, History of hot-mix asphalt mixture design in the United States, Journal of Materials and Civil Engineering 14 (4) (2002) 279-293.
-  H. Sivilevicius, V. Podvezko, S. Vakriniene, The use of constrained and unconstrained optimization models in gradation design of hot mix asphalt mixture, Construction and Building Materials 25 (1) (2011) 115-122.
-  H. Sivilevicius, Application of expert evaluation method to determine the importance of operating asphalt mixing plant quality criteria and rank correlation, The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering 6 (1) (2011) 48-58.
-  H. Sivilevicius, K. Vislavicius, Stochastic simulation of the influence of variation of mineral gradation and dose weight on the homogeneity of hot-mix asphalt, Construction and Building Materials 22 (9) (2008) 2007-2014.
-  T. Bennert, R. Dongre, Backcalculation method to determine effective asphalt binder properties of recycled asphalt pavement mixtures, Transportation Research Record 2179 (2010) 75-84.
-  D. Mucinis, H. Sivilevicius, R. Oginskas, Factor determining the inhomogeneity of reclaimed asphalt pavement and estimation of its components content variation parameters, The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering 4 (2) (2009) 69-79.
-  R. Karlsson, N. Isacsson, Material-related aspects of asphalt recycling state-of-the-art, Journal of Materials and Civil Engineering 18 (1) (2006) 81-92.
-  S. Sriramula, D. Menon, A.M. Prasad, Axial load variations and vehicle growth projection models for safety assessment of transportation structures, Transport 22 (1) (2007) 31-37.
-  H. Sivilevicius, Sukevicius, Manufacturing technologies and dynamics of hot-mix asphalt mixture production, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management 15 (2) (2009) 169-179.
-  R. Miro, G. Valdes, A. Martinez, P. Segura, C. Rodriguez, Evaluation of high modulus mixture behaviour with high reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) percentages for sustainable road construction, Construction and Building Materials 25 (10) (2011) 3854-3862.
-  A. Tabakovic, A. Gibney, C. McNally, M.D. Gilchrist, Influence of recycled asphalt pavement on fatigue performance of asphalt concrete base courses, Journal of Materials and Civil Engineering 22 (6) (2010) 643-650.
-  R. Karlsson, U. Isacsson, Application of FTIR-ATR to characterization of bitumen rejuvenator diffusion, Journal of Materials and Civil Engineering 15 (2) (2003) 157-165.
-  D. Cygas, D. Mucinis, H. Sivilevicius, N. Abukauskas, Dependence of the recycled asphalt mixture physical and mechanical properties on the grade and amount of rejuvenating bitumen, The Baltic Journal of Road and Bridge Engineering 6 (2) (2011) 124-134.
-  P. Shirodkar, Y. Mehta, A. Nolan, K. Sonpal, A. Norton, C. Tomlinson, E. Dubis, P. Sullivan, R. Sauber, A study to determine the degree of partial blending of reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) binder for high RAP hot mix asphalt, Construction and Building Materials 25 (1) (2011) 150-155.
-  J. Widyatmoko, Mechanistic-empirical mixture design for hot mix asphalt pavement recycling, Construction and Building Materials 22 (2) (2008) 77-87.
-  K. Aravind, A. Das, Pavement design with central plant hot-mix recycled asphalt mixes, Construction and Building Materials 21 (5) (2007) 928-936.
-  M. Divinsky, S. Nesichi, M. Livneh, Optimal quality characteristic evaluation for asphalt mixing plants, Journal of Testing Evaluation 31 (1) (2003) 1-11.
-  J. Shen, S.N. Amirkhanian, B. Tang, Effects of rejuvenator on performance-based properties of rejuvenated asphalt binder and mixtures, Construction and Building Materials 21 (5) (2007) 958-964.
-  J. Braziunas, H. Sivilevicius, The bitumen batching system's modernization and its effective analysis at the asphalt mixing plant, Transport 25 (3) (2010) 325-335.
-  Y.S. Doh, S.N. Amirkhanian, K.W. Kim, Analysis of unbalanced binder oxidation level in recycled asphalt mixture using GPC, Construction and Building Materials 22 (6) (2008) 1253-1260.
-  K. Vislavicius, H. Sivilevicius, Stochastic simulation of the influence of reclaimed asphalt pavement mineral aggregate variation on the homogeneity of recycled hot-mix asphalt, in: Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Modern Building Materials, Structures and Techniques, Selected Paper, vol. 1, Vilnius, Technika, 2010, pp. 323-329.
-  A. Banerjee, A. de Fortier Smit, J.A. Prozzi, Influence of operational tolerances on HMA performance, Construction and Building Materials 27 (1) (2012) 15-23.