Effects of Triangular Core Rotation of a Hybrid Porous Core Terahertz Waveguide
Treść / Zawartość
In this paper, we investigate the effects for rotating the triangular core air hole arrangements of a hybrid design porous core fiber. The triangular core has been rotated in anticlockwise direction to evaluate the impact on different waveguide properties. Effective Material Loss (EML), confinement loss, bending loss, dispersion characteristics and fraction of power flow are calculated to determine the impacts for rotating the triangular core. The porous fiber represented here has a hybrid design in the core area which includes circular rings with central triangular air hole arrangement. The cladding of the investigated fiber has a hexagonal array of air hole distribution. For optimum parameters the reported hybrid porous core fiber shows a flat EML of ±0.000416 cm⁻¹ from 1.5 to 5 terahertz (THz) range and a near zero dispersion of 0.4±0.042 ps/THz/cm from 1.25 to 5.0 THz. Negligible confinement and bending losses are reported for this new type of hybrid porous core design. With improved concept of air hole distribution and exceptional waveguide properties, the reported porous core fiber can be considered as a vital forwarding step in this field of research.
Bibliogr. 26 poz., il., wykr.
- Center of Excellence, Advanced Communication Engineering, University Malaysia Perlis, email@example.com
- School of Computer And Communication Engineering, University Malaysia Perlis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Computer And Communication Engineering, University Malaysia Perlis, email@example.com
- University Malaysia Perlis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh University, email@example.com
- Department of Software Engineering, Faculty of Science and Information Technology, Daffodil International University, firstname.lastname@example.org
-  Sharafat Ali, Nasim Ahmed, Syed Aljunid, Badlishah Ahmad, "Ultra-flat low material loss porous core THz waveguide with near zero flat dispersion," Electronics Letters, vol. 52, pp. 863-865, 2016.
-  Y. F. He, P.I. Ku, J.R. Knab, J.Y. Chen, A.G. Markelz, "Protein Dynamical Transition Does Not Require Protein Structure," Physical Review Letters, vol. 101, p. 178103, 2008.
-  J. Q. Zhang, D. Grischkowsky, "Waveguide terahertz time-domain spectroscopy of nanometer water layers," Optics Letters, vol. 29, pp. 1617-1619, 2004.
-  L. Ho, M. Pepper, P. Taday, "Terahertz spectroscopy: Signatures and fingerprints," Nature Photonics, vol. 2, pp. 541, 2008.
-  C. J. Strachan, P.F. Taday, D.A. Newnham, K.C. Gordon, J.A. Zeitler, M. Pepper, T. Rades, "Using Terahertz Pulsed Spectroscopy to Quantify Pharmaceutical Polymorphism and Crystallinity," Journal of Pharmaceutical Science, vol. 94, pp. 837-846, 2005.
-  D. J. Cook, B.K. Decker, M.G. Allen, "Quantitative THz Spectroscopy of Explosive Materials," in OSA Conference, USA, 2005, pp. PSI-SR-1196.
-  Q. Chen, Z.P. Jiang, G.X. Xu, X.C. Zhang, "Near-field terahertz imaging with a dynamic aperture," Optics Letters, vol. 25, pp. 1122-1124, 2000.
-  M. Nagel, Bolivar, P. H., Brucherseifer, M., Kurz, H., Bosserhoff, A., & Büttner, R., "Integrated THz technology for label-free genetic diagnostics," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, pp. 154-156, 2002.
-  M. I. Hasan, S. M. Abdur Razzak, G. K. M. Hasanuzzaman and Md. Samiul Habib, "Ultra-Low Material Loss and Dispersion Flattened Fiber for THz Transmission," IEEE Photonic Technology Letters, vol. 26, pp. 2372-2375, 2014.
-  Na-na Chen, Jian Liang, and Li-yong Ren, "High-birefringence, low-loss porous fiber for single mode terahertz wave guidance," Applied Optics, vol. 52, pp. 5297-5302, 2013.
-  M. Uthman, B. M. A. Rahman, N. Kejalakshmy, A. Agrawal, K. T. V. Grattan, "Design and Characterization of Low-Loss Porous-Core Photonic Crystal Fiber," IEEE Photonic Journal, vol. 4, pp. 2315-2325, 2012.
-  S. Kaijage, Zhengbiao Ouyang, Xin Jin, "Porous-Core Photonic Crystal Fiber for Low Loss Terahertz Wave Guiding," IEEE Photonic Technology Letters, vol. 25, pp. 1454-1457, 2013.
-  T. Jeon, J. Zhang, and D. Grischkowsky, "THz Sommerfeld wave propagation on a single metal wire," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 86, pp. 161704-1-161904-3, 2005.
-  B. Bowden, J. A. Harrington, and O. Mitrofanov, "Silver/polystyrenecoated hollow glass waveguides for the transmission of terahertz radiation," Optic Letters, vol. 32, pp. 2945-2947, 2007.
-  A. Dupuis, K. Stoeffler, B. Ung, C. Dubois, and M. Skorobogatiy, "Transmission measurements of hollow-core THz Bragg fibers," Journal of Optical Society of America, vol. 28, pp. 896-907, 2011.
-  M. Nagel, A. Marchewka, and H. Kurz, "Low-index discontinuity terahertz waveguides," Optic Express, vol. 14, pp. 9944-9954, 2006.
-  K. Nielsen, Rasmussen, H., Peter Uhd Jepsen, Ole Bang, "Porous-core honeycomb bandgap THz fiber," Optic Letters, vol. 36, pp. 666-668, 2011.
-  B. Hualong, Kristian Nielsen, Henrik K. Rasmussen, Peter Uhd Jepsen and Ole Bang, "Fabrication and characterization of porous-core honeycomb bandgap THz fibers," Optic Express, vol. 20, pp. 29507-29517, 2012.
-  S. Atakaramians, S. Afshar, M. Nagel, H.K. Rasmussen, O. Bang, T.M. Monro and D. Abbott, "Direct probing of evanescent field for characterization of porous terahertz fibers," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 98, pp. 121104, 2011.
-  J. Liang, Liyong Ren, Nana Chen, Changhe Zhou, "Broadband, low-loss, dispersion flattened porous core photonic band gap fiber for terahertz (THz) wave propagation," Optics Communications, vol. 295, pp. 257-261, 2013.
-  L. Shaopeng, Hongjun Liu, Nan Huang and Qibing Sun, "Broadband high birefringence and low dispersion terahertz photonic crystal fiber," Journal of Optics, vol. 16, pp. 105102, 2014.
-  R. Islam, Hasanuzzaman GKM, Habib Selim, Rana Sohel, Khan MAG, "Low-loss rotated porous core hexagonal single-mode fiber in THz regime," Optical Fiber Technology, vol. 24, pp. 38-43, 2015.
-  S. Rana, Sharafat Ali, Nasim Ahmed, Raonaqul Islam, Syed A. Aljunid, "Ultra-High Birefringent and Dispersion-Flattened Low Loss Single-Mode Terahertz Wave Guiding," IET Communications, DOI:10.1049/iet-com.2015.0629, 2016.
-  K. Nielsen, H. K. Rasmussen, A. J. L. Adam, P. C. M. Planken, O. Bang and P. U. Jepsen, "Bendable, low-loss Topas fibers for the terahertz frequency range," Optic Express, vol. 17, pp. 8592-8601, 2009.
-  G. Emiliyanov, J. Jensen, O. Bang, P. Hoiby, L. Pedersen, E. Kjær, and L. Lindvold, "Localized biosensing with Topas microstructured polymer optical fiber," Optic Letters, vol. 32, pp. 460-462, 2007.
-  G. Emiliyanov, Poul E. Høiby, Lars H. Pedersen and Ole Bang, "Selective serial multi-antibody biosensing withTOPAS microstructured polymer optical fibers," Sensors, vol. 13, pp. 3242-3251, 2013.
Opracowanie ze środków MNiSW w ramach umowy 812/P-DUN/2016 na działalność upowszechniającą naukę (zadania 2017).