Simulation of a single mode wave generation in cylindrical systems applying numerical methods
Treść / Zawartość
The paper presents simulations of a selected single mode generation in systems containing duct-like elements applying the finite element method (FEM). Simulations were carried out for values of the Helmholtz number exceeding the plane-wave propagation, i.e. for a multimode wave. The presented results constitute the first step to analyse propagation of the multimode wave through more complicated systems such as mufflers, even in a form of a cascade. Propagation of the incident wave in the form of a single mode greatly simplifies solutions of many problems, to mention only derivation of the transmission or the scattering matrices. The results obtained can be applied to analyse the effectiveness of attenuation of acoustic silencers or elements of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC) at the design stage. Results of simulations are compared with already published experimental data obtained in a measurement set-up containing the self-designed single mode synthesizer.
Bibliogr. 7 poz., il. kolor., 1 rys.
- AGH University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics, Krakow, Poland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- AGH University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics, Krakow, Poland, email@example.com
- 1. P. Joseph, P. A. Nelson, M. A. Fisher, Active control of fan tones radiated from turbofan engines. I. External error sensors, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 106 (1999) 766 - 778.
- 2. A. Snakowska, J. Jurkiewicz, Efficiency of energy radiation from an unflanged cylindrical duct in case of multimode excitation, Acta Acustica united with Acustica, 96 (2010) 416 - 424.
- 3. L. A. Vainshtein, The theory of diffraction and the factorization method, Golem Press, 1969.
- 4. A. Sitel, J. M. Ville, F. Foucart, Multiload procedure to measure the acoustic scattering matrix of a duct discontinuity for higher order mode propagation conditions, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 120 (2006) 2478 - 2490.
- 5. A. Snakowska, K. Kolber, Ł. Gorazd, J. Jurkiewicz, Derivation of an acoustic two-port scattering matrix for a multimode wave applying the single-mode generator, Acoustics 2018 proceedings of joint conference, IEEE (2018), 294 - 298.
- 6. A. Snakowska, Ł. Gorazd, J. Jurkiewicz, K. Kolber, Generation of a single cylindrical duct mode using a mode synthesizer, Applied Acoustics, 114 (2016) 56 - 70.
- 7. J. M. Auger, J. M. Ville, Measurement of linear impedance based on the determination of duct eigenvalues by a Fourier-Lommel's transform. J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 88(1) (1990) 19 - 22.