Comparison Between Economic Aspects of Additive and Conventional Methods of Manufacturing of Plastic Machine Parts
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Nowadays the developed Additive Manufacturing (AM) technologies deliver many new opportunities to manufacturing companies. One of their benefits may be the elimination of costly tools in the passage from design to production. This cost is one of crucial factors of decision making process about the use of technology in a defined production case. The managers have to determine at which quantity of produced goods the purchase of tooling is profitable. The objective of the paper is to present literature review about economic aspects of AM and the analysis of production cost of a medium size plastic component in the SLS process compared to the cost of the same part produced with injection moulding (IM).
Bibliogr. 16 poz., il., tab., wykr.
- 1. Arena, U., Mastellone, M. L., and Perugini, F. (2003). Life cycle assessment of a plastic packaging recycling system. The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment, 8(2):92–98.
- 2. Atzeni, E., Iuliano, L., Minetola, P., and Salmi, A. (2010). Redesign and cost estimation of rapid manufactured plastic parts. Rapid Prototyping Journal, 16(5):308–317.
- 3. Baumers, M., Tuck, C., Wildman, R., Ashcroft, I., Rosamond, E., and Hague, R. (2013). Transparency built-in: Energy consumption and cost estimation for additive manufacturing. Journal of Industrial Ecology, 17(3):418–431.
- 4. Berman, B. (2012). 3-D printing: The new industrial revolution. Business Horizons, 55(2):155–162.
- 5. Carpenter, J. A., Gibbs, J., Pesaran, A. A., Marlino, L. D., and Kelly, K. (2008). Road transportation vehicles. MRS Bulletin, 33(04):439–444.
- 6. de Beer, D., Booysen, G., Barnard, L., and Truscott, M. (2005). Rapid tooling in suport of accelerated new product development. Assembly Automation, 25(4):306–308.
- 7. Gibson, I., Rosen, D., and Stucker, B. (2010). Additive manufacturing technologies rapid prototyping to direct digital manufacturing.
- 8. Gunasekaran, A. and Singh, D. (1999). Design of activity-based costing in a small company: A case study. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 37(1-2):413–416.
- 9. Hopkinson, N. and Dicknes, P. (2003). Analysis of rapid manufacturing -.using layer manufacturing processes for production. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 217(1):31–39.
- 10. Liu, Z., Dong, J. C., Wang, T. Y., Li, B., and Cui, Y. L. (2014). Analysis and research of reliability technology of CNC machine tools. In Key Engineering Materials, volume 584, pages 208–213. Trans Tech Publ.
- 11. Ruffo, M. and Hague, R. (2007). Cost estimation for rapid manufacturing’ simultaneous production of mixed components using laser sintering. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 221(11):1585–1591.
- 12. Ruffo, M., Tuck, C., and Hague, R. (2006). Cost estimation for rapid manufacturinglaser sintering production for low to medium volumes. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 220(9):1417–1427.
- 13. Sahebrao Ingole, D., Madhusudan Kuthe, A., Thakare, S. B., and Talankar, A. S. (2009). Rapid prototyping –.a technology transfer approach for development of rapid tooling. Rapid Prototyping Journal, 15(4):280–290.
- 14. Singh, R. (2013). Some investigations for small-sized product fabrication with fdm for plastic components. Rapid Prototyping Journal, 19(1):58–63.
- 15. White, G. and Lynskey, D. (2013). Economic analysis of additive manufacturing for final products: an industrial approach. Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh, Swanson School of Engineering.
- 16. Wohlers, T. (2014). State of the industry report annual worldwide progress report. Wohlers Report.