Performance evaluation on selection of formwork systems in high rise buildings using regression analysis and their impacts on project success
Treść / Zawartość
The selection of the formwork system for high rise building affects the entire construction project duration and cost. The study reports the factors influencing the selection of different formwork system in the construction of high rise buildings through structural questionnaire survey from the client, contractor, consultant, and interviews with expert members. Total of 40 technical factors was identified from the literature and 220 filled questionnaires were received from the respondent. Relative Importance Index method is used to find the topmost factors affecting the selection of formwork system. Additionally, from factor analysis 22 factors were identified to have a correlation with one another. Regression analysis reveals that duration of the project, maintenance cost, adaptability, and safety have impact on formwork selection across time, cost and quality. These findings could potentially increase the construction company’s existing knowledge in relation to formwork selection.
Bibliogr. 32 poz., tab.
- 1. Abd Elrazek, M.E. (1999). “Formwork selection systems in building construction.” Journal of Engineering and Applied Science.
- 2. Aibinu A.A. and Jagboro G.O., 2002, “The effects of construction delays on project delivery in Nigerian construction industry.” International Journal of Project Management, Vol. 20, No. 8, pp. 593-599.
- 3. Akter, S., D’Ambra, J. & Ray, P. 2011a. “An Evaluation of PLS based Complex Models: The Roles of Power Analysis, Predictive Relevance and GoF Index.” In Proceedings of the Seventeenth Americas Conference on Information Systems, Detroit, Michigan August 4th-7th 2011.
- 4. Asharf M. Elazouni., Amal E. Ali., and Refaat H. Abdel-Razek. (2005). “Estimating the acceptability of new formwork systems using neural networks.” Journal of Construction Engineering and management.
- 5. A.Lesniak, E.Plebankiewicz, K.Zima, “Design and build procurement-contractor selection”, Archives of Civil Engineering, 58(4): 463-476,2012.
- 6. Chan, D.W.M. and Kumaraswamy, M.M. (1997) A comparative study of causes of time overruns in Hong Kong construction projects. International Journal of Project Management, 15(1), 55-63.
- 7. Chin, W.W. 1998b, “The Partial Least Squares Approach for Structural Equation Modeling, in Modern Methods for Business Research” 295-336.
- 8. Doloi, H. (2008) Analysing the novated design and construct contract from the client’s, design team’s and contractor’s perspectives. Construction Management and Economics, 26, 1181-96.
- 9. Eder Martinez., Iris Tommelein., and Ariana Alvear (2016). “Formwork system selection using choosing by advantages.” Construction research congress.
- 10. Elazouni, A.M., Ali, A.E., and Abdel-Razek, R.H. (2005). “Estimating the acceptability of new formwork systems using neural network.” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 131(1), 33-41.
- 11. Emad.E.Elbeltagi, M.ASCE., and Ossama A. Hosny (2012). “Fuzzy logic model for selection of vertical formwork system.” Journal of Construction Engineering and management , 2012.138:832-840.
- 12. Field, .A (2005) Discovering statistics using SPSS, Sage, London.
- 13. Fornell, C., and Bookstein, F. L. 1982. “Two Structural Equations Models: LISREL and PLS Applied to Consumer Exit-Voice Theory” Journal of Marketing Research, 19(4), 440-452.
- 14. Hanna, AS., Willenbrock JH., and Sanvido VE. (1992). “Knowledge acquisition and development for formwork selection system.” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management.
- 15. Hensler, J., and Fassott, G. (2010). “Testing moderating effects in PLS path models: An illustration of available procedures.” In V. Esposito Vinzi, W. Chin, J. Henseler, and H. Wang (Eds.), Handbook Partial Least Squares. Heidelberg: Springer.
- 16. Hulland, J.S. 1999. “Use of partial least squares in statistical (PLS) in strategic management research a review of four recent studies” Strategic Management Journal, 20(2), 195-204.
- 17. Kamarthi. S., Sanvido. V., and Kumara, S. (1992). “Neuroform-Neural Neural system for vertical formwork selection” Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, 6(2), 178-199.
- 18. Kambekar, A.R., and Phadtare, M.A. (2017). “Selection of vertical formwork in construction project using fuzzy logic.” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Vol 8, Issue 3.
- 19. Kim, D. E. (2006) “Decision Support Models for Selection of Formwork Systems” MS Thesis, Korea University, Seoul, Korea.
- 20. Kim, T. H. (2007) “Optimization of the Formwork Selection Process in Tall Buildings” MS Thesis, Korea University, Korea.
- 21. Konior J., Enterprise’s risk assessment of complex construction projects. Archives of Civil Engineering. Vol. LXI, Issue 3, 2015. DOI: 10.1515/ace-2015-0025. 63-74.
- 22. Ksiazek, M., Ciechowicz, P. “Selection of the General Contractor Using the AHP Method” Archives of Civil Engineering 62.3 (2016): 105-116
- 23. Kumaraswamy, M.M. and Matthews, J.D. (2000) Improved subcontractor selection employing partnering principles. Journal of Management in Engineering, 16, 47-57.
- 24. Mihirkumar B., Naik., and Hiren A. Rathod. (2014). “A review on innovating formwork systems.” International journal of Advanced Research in Engineering, Science and Management.
- 25. Patel Abhiyan, S., Neeraj Sharma D., and Bhavin K Kashiyani. (2014). “Selection criteria of formwork by users in current age in south Gujarat region.” International Journal of Innovative research in Science, Engineering and Technology. Vol. 3, Issue 6.
- 26. Patel Dhanashri Suryakant., and Desai, D.B. (2014). “Emerging trends in formwork- cost analysis and effectiveness of mivan formwork over the conventional formwork.” Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering.
- 27. Proverbs DG., Holt GD., and Olomolaiye PO. (1999). “Factors in formwork selection: a comparative investigation.” Building Research and Information, 27(2):109-19.
- 28. Radziszewska-Zielina, E., E. Kania, and G. Śladowski. "Problems of the Selection of Construction Technology for Structures in the Centres of Urban Agglomerations." Archives of Civil Engineering 64.1 (2018): 55-71.
- 29. Sandip.P.Pawar., P.M.Atterde. (2014). “Comparative Analysis of Formwork in Multistory Building.” International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, vol 3, special issue 9.
- 30. Shin., and Yoonseok (2011). “Formwork system selection model for tall building construction using the adaboost algorithm.” Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction Vol. 11, No. 5.
- 31. Tam CM., Tong TKL., Lau TCT., and Chan KK. (2005). “Selection of vertical formwork system by probabilistic neural networks model.” Construction Management and Economics, 23(3):245-54.
- 32. Zhang, X. (2005) Concessionaire’s financial capability in developing build-operate-transfer type infrastructure projects. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 131, 1054-64.
Opracowanie rekordu w ramach umowy 509/P-DUN/2018 ze środków MNiSW przeznaczonych na działalność upowszechniającą naukę (2019).