Necessary wind tunnel tests conditions of proper two- and three-dimensional measurements
Treść / Zawartość
In this article, the conditions to be met by a two- and three dimensional wind tunnel tests in order to ensure their correctness are presented. First of all, they relate to the flow similarity between the real and wind tunnel conditions. This similarity enforces a wind tunnel calibration, a proper design and manufacturing of the tested models, a proper research, as well as processing of obtained test data including the usage of the wind tunnel corrections. In this work, the majority of these conditions were presented but in particular, the influence of the wind tunnel corrections on the tested models aerodynamic characteristics is consider. The two-dimensional airfoil studies and three-dimensional aircraft model balance investigation were performed in two low speed wind tunnels of a different sizes of theirs test section. The wind tunnel tests were performed in two Institute of Aviation low speed wind tunnels, namely in the wind tunnel T-1 (of the 1.5 m diameter test section) and in the wind tunnel T-3 (of the 5 m diameter test section), at the same undisturbed velocity, V∞ = 40 m/s. The comparison of the lift coefficient characteristic obtained in two different wind tunnels using the same two and three-dimensional models and same measurement techniques enabled to discuss the problem of necessity of the wind tunnel corrections usage.
Bibliogr. 9 poz., rys.
-  Wiśniowski, W., Polish wind tunnels on the background of world tunnels, Scientific Library of Institute of Aviation, 2016.
-  Pope, A., Rae, W., Low-speed wind tunnel testing, Wiley-Interscience Publication, 1984.
-  Mair, W., Gamble, H., The effect of model size on measurements in the R.A.E. high speed tunnel. Drag of two-dimensional symmetrical aerofoils at zero incidence, A.R.C.R. & M. No. 2527, 1944.
-  Tropea, C., Yarin, A., Foss, J., Handbook of experimental fluid mechanics, Springer, 2007.
-  Szlezinger, S. M., Gorlin, I., Aeromiekhaniczeskije izmierijenija, Nauka, 1964.
-  Bradshaw, P., Pankhurst, R.., The design of low speed wind tunnels, Progress in Aeronautical Sciences, Vol. 5, pp. 1-69, 1964.
-  Edwards, C. D., Calibration of the reference velocity in the test section of the Low Speed Wind Tunnel at the Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory, DSTO-TN-0248, 2000.
-  Steinle, F., Stanewsky, E., Wind tunnel flow quality and data accuracy requirements, AGARD Advisory Report, No. 184, 1982.
-  Reed, T, D., Pope, T. C., Cooksey, J. M., Calibration of transonic and supersonic wind tunnel, NASA Contractor Report, No. 2920, 1977.
Opracowanie rekordu w ramach umowy 509/P-DUN/2018 ze środków MNiSW przeznaczonych na działalność upowszechniającą naukę (2018).