Quality Management of Transmission Power Cables for Safe and Reliable Grid Operation
Taking under consideration, that reliable transmission of energy is fundamental to proper operation of national power grid, quality control is essential for newly installed and in-service cable connections. It is known that routine tests (insulation coordination) completely check the quality of a power cable and accessories at the manufacturer. Nevertheless, the risk of problems with the delivery and installation of accessories can affect the quality of a newly installed power cable circuit. Based on international experience gathered on various power grids over the past 20 years, this article focuses on the use of non-destructive testing for after-installation - and diagnostic tests of all types of transmission cables. This document discusses in particular various actual aspects of testing new connections as well as the condition assessment of service aged HV power cables.
Bibliogr. 32 poz., rys., tab., wykr., zdj.
-  Bodega R., et al. 2004. PD recurrence in cavities at different energizing methods. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement 53 (2) 251-258.
-  Cichecki P. Testing and Diagnosis of High Voltage and Extra High Voltage Power Cables with Damped AC Voltages.
-  CIGRÉ TB 420: Generic Guidelines for Life Time Condition Assessment of HV Assets and Related Knowledge Rules, 2010.
-  CIGRÉ TB 444 Guidelines for unconventional Partial Discharge measurements, 2010.
-  CIGRÉ TB 627 Condition Assessment for Fluid-Filled Insulation in AC Cables, 2015.
-  CIGRÉ TB 662 Guidelines for partial discharge detection using conventional (IEC 60270) and unconventional methods, 2016.
-  CIGRÉ TB 680 Implementation of long AC HV and EHV cable systems, 2017.
-  CIGRÉ TB 722: Recommendations for Additional Testing for Submarine Cables from 6 kV (Um=7.2 kV) up to 60 kV (Um = 72.5 kV), April 2018.
-  Gulski E. 2010. Practical aspects of on-site testing diagnosis of transmission power cables in China. International Conference on Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis 2010, Tokyo, Japan: 675-678.
-  Gulski E., et al., 2009. Conventional and unconventional partial discharges detection in power cables using different AC voltages. IEEE Electrical Insulation Conference, Montreal, QC, 2009: 5-9.
-  Gulski E., R. Jongen, B. Quak, J. Parciak, A. Rakowska, 2019. Fifteen Years Damped AC Testing and Diagnosis of Transmission power cables, Jicable 2019, paper D3-1.
-  Gulski E., Jongen, R., Rakowska, A., Siodla, K. 2019. Offshore Wind Farms On-Site Submarine Cable Testing and Diagnosis with Damped AC. Energies. 12, 3703.
-  HD 632 S2 (CENELEC): Power cables with extruded insulation and their accessories for rated voltages above 36kV (Um= 42 kV ) up to 150 kV (Um=170 kV).
-  IEC 60060-3: High Voltage test techniques Part 3: Definitions and requirements for on-site testing.
-  IEC 60270: Partial discharges measurements.
-  IEC 60840: Power cables with extruded insulation and the accessories for rated voltages above 30 kV up to 150 kV Test methods and requirements.
-  IEC 60885-3: Test methods for partial discharges measurements on lengths of extruded power cable.
-  IEC 62067: Power cables with extruded insulation and the accessories for rated voltages above 150 kV
-  IEC 63026: Submarine power cables with extruded insulation and their accessories for rated voltages from 6 kV (Um = 7,2 kV) up to 60 kV (Um = 72,5 kV) - Test methods and requirements, 2019.
-  IEEE 400.3-2006: Guide for PD Testing of Shielded Power Cable Systems in a Field Environment.
-  IEEE 400.4-2015: Guide for Field-Testing of Shielded Power Cable Systems Rated 5 kV and Above with Damped Alternating Current Voltage (DAC)
-  IEEE 400-2012: Guide for Field Testing and Evaluation of the Insulation of Shielded Power Cable Systems Rated 5 kV and Above.
-  INMR, Reviewing failure statistics from testing cables&surge arresters, https://www.inmr.com/reviewing-failure-statistics-testing-cables-surge-arresters, 2020.
-  Oyegoke B., P. Hyvonen, M. Aro and N. Gao. 2003. Selectivity of damped AC (DAC) and VLF voltages in after-laying tests of extruded MV cable systems,” in IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, 10 (5): 874-882.
-  Seitz P.P., B. Quak, E. Gulski, M. Wild, F. de Vries 2015. Long lengths transmission power cables on-site testing up to 500 kV by damped AC voltages, Jicable.
-  Smit J., M. van Riet, B. Staarink. 2019. Non-destructive after laying test with PD localization, Jicable: paper D3-4
-  UK Power Networks, ECP 11-0006, Engineering Commissioning Procedure, ECP 11-0006, HV insulation testing 2018.
-  Wester F.J., E. Gulski and J. J. Smit. 2007. Detection of Partial Discharges at Different AC Voltage Stresses in Power Cables,” in IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 28-43, July-Aug.
-  Wester F.J., Condition assessment of power cables using partial discharge diagnosis at damped AC voltages.
-  Wester, E. Gulski, J.J. Smit. 1999. Electrical and acoustical PD on-site diagnostics of service aged medium voltage power cables”, 5th International Conference on Power Insulated Cables, Jicable.
-  Wild M., S. Tenbolen, E. Gulski; R. Jongen. 2017. Basic aspects of partial discharge on-site testing of long length transmission power cables, IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Volume: 24 (2): 1077-1087
-  Zhang L.,T. Huang, Recognition and Location of Partial Discharge in XLPE Cable under Damped AC Voltage, CIGRÉ 2020, paper B1-213.