Correlations between air pollutant concentrations in selected urban and rural areas in Poland
Treść / Zawartość
Correlations between concentrations of selected air pollutants were analyzed in different areas in central Poland from 2012-2016. Three neighboring voivodeships (Lower Silesian, Lodz, and Masovian), were selected for which specific measurement locations were designated in urban and rural areas. The characteristics of the location of monitoring stations allowed to distinguish the following types of measurement stations: “urbantransport”, “urban-background", "suburban-background", "town-background", and "rural-background". Therefore, using the Pearson's linear correlation coefficient, it was possible to analyze the interrelations between the occurrence of air pollution in various types of areas. It was found that the coefficient changed along with the type of area. Moreover, it turned out that the coefficient decreased in each voivodeship along with a decrease in the population density of the analyzed areas. In addition, concentrations of various air pollutants in given areas were compared. Also, it was observed that the strongest correlations occur between the results of calculations from measurement stations located in the same province.
Bibliogr. 25 poz.
-  J.P. Putaud, F. Raes, R. Van Dingenen, E. Brüggemann, M. Facchini, S. Decesari, S. Fuzzi, R. Gehrig, C. Huglin, P. Laj, G. Lorbeer, W. Maenhaut, N. Mihalopoulos, K. Müller, X. Querol, S. Rodriguez, J. Schneider, G. Spindler, A. Wiedensohler, A European aerosol phenomenology - 2: Chemical characteristics of particulate matter at kerbside, urban, rural and background sites in Europe, Atmos. Environ. 38 (2004) 2579-2595 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2004.01.041
-  R. Cichowicz, G. Wielgosiński, Analysis of variations in air pollution fields in selected cities in Poland and Germany, Ecol. Chem. Eng. S 25 (2018) 217-227 https://doi.org/10.1515/eces-2018-0014.
-  R. Cichowicz, G. Wielgosiński, W. Fetter, Dispersion of atmospheric air pollution in summer and winter season, Environ. Monit. and Assess. 12 (2017) 189–605 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10661-017-6319-2
-  C.F. Lee, J. Hsiao, S.J. Cheng, H.H. Hsieh, Identification of regional air pollution characteristic and the correlation with public health in Taiwan, Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 4 (2007) 106-110
-  A. Hagenbjörk, E. Malmqvist, K. Mattisson, N.J. Sommar, L. Modig, The spatial variation of O3, NO, NO2 and NOx and the relation between them in two Swedish cities. Environ. Monit. Assess. 189 (2017) 189-161 https://doi:10.1007/s10661-017-5872-z
-  R. Cichowicz, A. Stelęgowski, Average Hourly Concentrations of Air Contaminants in Selected Urban, Town, and Rural Sites, Arch. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. (2019) https://doi.org/10.1007/s00244-019-00627-8
-  G. Wielgosiński, J. Czerwińska, O. Namiecińska, R. Cichowicz, Smog episodes in the Lodz agglomeration in the years 2014-17, E3S Web Conf 28 (2018) 01039 https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/20182801039
-  R. Cichowicz, A. Stelęgowski, Effect of thermal sludge processing on selected components of air quality in the vicinity of a wastewater treatment plant, Chemical Papers (2018) https://doi.org/ 10.1007/s11696-018-0636-y
-  R. Cichowicz, G. Wielgosiński, A. Targaszewska, Analysis of CO2 concentration distribution inside and outside small boiler plants, Ecol. Chem. Eng. S 23 (2016) 49-60 https://doi.org/10.1515/eces-2016-0003
-  L. Pan, B. Sun, W. Wang, City air quality forecasting and impact factors analysis based on grey model, Proceedia Engineering 12 (2011) 74-79 https://doi.org/ 10.1016/j.proeng.2011.05.013
-  R. Cichowicz, Spatial distribution of pollutants in the area of the former CHP plant, E3S Web Conf 28 (2018) 01007 https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/20182801007
-  R. Cichowicz, A. Stelęgowski, Selected Air Pollutants In Urban And Rural Areas, Under The Influence Of Power Plants, Acta Innovations 29 (2018) 41-52 https://doi.org/10.32933/ActaInnovations.29.5
-  L.R. Sonkin, V.D. Nikolaev, Synoptic analysis and atmospheric pollution forecast, Russian Meteorology & Hydrology 5 (1993) 10-14
-  P.I. Coyne, G.E. Bingham, Carbon Dioxide Correlation with Oxidant Air Pollution in the San Bernardino Mountains of California, J. Air Pollut. Control Assoc. 27 (1977) 782-784 https://doi.org/10.1080/00022470.1977.10470493
-  F. Karaca, Determination of air quality zones in Turkey, J AIR WASTE MANAGE 62 (2012) 408-419 https://doi.org/10.1080/10473289.2012.655883
-  R. Keresztes, E. Rapo, Statistical analysis of air pollution with specific regard to factor analysis in the Ciuc basin, Romania, Studia Ubb Chemia 3 (2017) 283-292 https://doi.org/10.24193/subbchem.2017.3.24 Acta Innovations, ISSN 2300-5599 2019 no. 31: 14-22
-  X. Liu, Y. Liang, D. Yuan, Relationship between Air Polllution Index (API) and Crowd Health in Nanchang City, J. Geosci Environ. Protect. 4 (2016) 26-31 https://doi.org/ 10.4236/gep.2016.44005
-  B. Thompson, Canonical correlation analysis – Uses and Interpretation, Sage Publications, London, 1984.
-  A.G. Asuero, A. Sayago, A.G. Gonzalez, The correlation coefficient: an overview, Crit. Rev. Anal. Chem. 36 (2006) 41-59 https://doi.org/ 10.1080/10408340500526766
-  H. Akoglu, User’s guide to correlation coefficients, Turkish Journal of Emergency Medicine 18 (2018) 91–93 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tjem.2018.08.001
-  D.M. Agudelo-Castaneda, E.C. Teixeira, F.N. Pereira, Time-series analysis of surface ozone and nitrogen oxides concentrations in an urban area at Brazil, Atmos. Pollut. Res. 5 (2014) 411-420 https://doi.org/10.5094/APR.2014.048
-  D. Pudasainee, B. Sapkota, M.L. Shrestha, A. Kaga, A. Kondo ,Y. Inoue, Ground level ozone concentrations and its association with NOx and meteorological parameters in Katmandu valley, Nepal, Atmos. Environ. 40(2006) 8081–8087 https://doi.org/ 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2006.07.011
-  E.C. Teixeira, E.R. de Santana, F. Wiegand, J. Fachel, Measurement of surface ozone and its precursors in an urban area in South Brazil, Atmos. Environ. 43 (2009) 2213–2220 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2008.12.051
-  A.K. Sharma, Text book of correlation and regression, Discovery Publishing House, New Delhi, 2005.
-  I.F. Goldstein, L. Landovitz, G. Block, Air pollution patterns in New York City, J. Air Pollut. Control Assoc. 24 (1974) 148-152 https://doi.org/10.1080/00022470.1974.10469906
Opracowanie rekordu ze środków MNiSW, umowa Nr 461252 w ramach programu "Społeczna odpowiedzialność nauki" - moduł: Popularyzacja nauki i promocja sportu (2020).