Numerical analysis of temperature and residual stresses in hot-rolled steel strip during cooling in coils
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
The main factors influencing on the level of residual stresses in hot rolled steel strips are related with uneven temperature and microstructure changes during cooling on the run-out table and in a coil. That is why in this work, development of coil cooling model with taking into account the influence of radial stresses on the effective thermal conductivity in the radial direction was performed. In order to assess the influence of the phase transformations in the coil on the level of residual stresses, the different laminar cooling strategies were applied. The results of numerical simulations obtained in this work were validated in industrial conditions. It is shown that the end of phase transformations in the strip coil has a significant influence on the level of residual stresses.
Bibliogr. 17 poz., rys., tab., wykr.
-  J. Hidveghy, J. Michel, M. Bursak, Residual stress in microalloyed steel sheet, Metalurgija 42 (2003) 103–106.
-  P.C. Zambrano, L.A. Leduc, R. Colás, Modelling profile and shape evolution during hot rolling of steel strip, Revista de Metalurgia 42 (5) (2006) 382–390.
-  A. Milenin, R. Kuziak, V. Pidvysots'kyy, P. Kustra, S. Witek, M. Pietrzyk, Model of relaxation of residual stresses in hot-rolled strips, Archiv. Metall. Mater. 60 (2015) 1935–1940.
-  Z. Zhou, P.F. Thomson, Y.C. Lam, D.D.W. Yuen, Numerical analysis of residual stress in hot-rolled steel strip on the run- out table, J. Mater. Process. Technol. 132 (2003) 184–197.
-  Z. Zhou, Y.C. Lam, P.F. Thomson, D.D.W. Yuen, Numerical analysis of the flatness of thin, rolled steel strip on the runout table, Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. B: J. Eng. Manuf. 221 (2007) 241–254.
-  X. Wang, Q. Yang, A. He, Calculation of thermal stress affecting strip flatness change during run-out table cooling in hot steel strip rolling, J. Mater. Process. Technol. 207 (2008) 130–146.
-  X. Wang, F. Li, Q. Yang, A. He, FEM analysis for residual stress prediction in hot rolled steel strip during the run- out table cooling, Appl. Math. Model. 37 (1–2) (2013) 586–609.
-  H.H. Cho, E.G. Cho, D.W. Kim, S.J. Kim, W.B. Lee, H.N. Han, Finite element investigation for edge wave prediction in hot rolled steel during run out table cooling, ISIJ Int. 54 (7) (2014) 1646–1652.
-  A. Milenin, R. Kuziak, M. Lech- Grega, A. Chochorowski, S. Witek, M. Pietrzyk, Numerical modeling and experimental identification of residual stresses in hot- rolled strips, Archiv. Civil Mech. Eng. 16 (2016) 125–134.
-  A. Milenin, P. Kustra, R. Kuziak, M. Pietrzyk, Model of residual stresses in hot-rolled strips with taking into account the relaxation process and phase transformation, Proc. Eng. 81 (2014) 108–113.
-  S.F. Medina, Microstructural modelling for low alloy and microalloyed steels, in: J.H. Beynon, P. Ingham, H. Teichert, K. Waterson (Eds.), Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. on Modelling of Metal Rolling Processes, London, (1996) 501–510.
-  A. Saboonchi, S. Hassanpour, A. Hajiannezhad, Estimation of thermal stresses in hot-rolled steel coils during natural air cooling, J. Thermal Stress. 33 (2010) 521–532.
-  S.C. Baik, O. Kwon, S.-J. Park, B.-H. Hong, K.H. Oh, Analysis of heat transfer in hot rolled coils for optimum condition of forced cooling, Met. Mater. 5 (1999) 369–375.
-  R. Mehta, S.S. Sahay, Heat transfer mechanisms and furnace productivity during coil annealing: aluminum vs. steel, J. Mater. Eng. Perform. 18 (2009) 8–15.
-  X. Zhang, F. Yu, W. Wu, Y. Zuo, Application of radial effective thermal conductivity for heat transfer model of steel coils in HPH furnace, Int. J. Thermophys. 24 (2003) 1395–1405.
-  A. Saboonchi, S. Hassanpour, Heat transfer analysis of hot-rolled coils in multi-stack storing, J. Mater. Process. Technol. 182 (2007) 101–106.
-  W. Szymański, M. Lech-Grega, M. Gawlik, A. Kokosza, A. Chochorowski, Measurement of residual stresses in hot-rolled steel sheets for laser cutting, Comput. Methods Mater. Sci. 15 (2015) 251–257.
Opracowanie rekordu w ramach umowy 509/P-DUN/2018 ze środków MNiSW przeznaczonych na działalność upowszechniającą naukę (2018)