Key aspects of the proper formulation of the model in numerical analysis of the influence of mining exploitation on buildings
Treść / Zawartość
Numerical modelling is an important tool used to analyse various aspects of the impact of underground mining on existing and planned buildings. The interaction between the building and the soil is a complex matter and in many cases a numerical simulation is the only way of making calculations which will take into consideration the co-existence of a number of factors which have a significant influence on the solution. The complexity of the matter also makes it a difficult task to elaborate a proper mathematical model – it requires both a thorough knowledge of geologic conditions of the subsoil and the structural characteristics of the building. This paper discusses the most important problems related to the construction of a mathematical model of a building–mining subsoil system. These problems have been collected on the basis of many years of experience the authors have in observing the surveying and tensometric deformations of the rock-mass and buildings as well as in mathematical and numerical modelling of the observed processes.
Bibliogr. 10 poz., rys.
-  FLORKOWSKA L., Land subsidence due to Mining Operations in Disturbed Rock Mass, on the Example of Ruda Śląska (Poland), Archives of Mining Sciences, 2010, Vol. 55, Iss. 3, 691–701.
-  FLORKOWSKA L., Application of numerical nonlinear mechanics in the issues of protecting buildings in mining areas (in Polish), Archives of Mining Sciences, Monografia, Nr 11, Kraków 2010.
-  FLORKOWSKA L., Building protection against the backdrop of current situation and growth perspectives for polish mining industry, Archives of Mining Sciences, 2012, Vol. 57, Iss. 3, 655–665.
-  FLORKOWSKA L., Numerical modelling for underground mining related geotechnical issues, Studia Geotechnica et Mechanica, 2013, No. 3, 13–24.
-  FLORKOWSKA L., Remote monitoring of strain in the building caused by underground mining exploitation. Example of implementation, (in Polish), Inżynieria i Budownictwo, 2013, No. 3, 154–156.
-  FLORKOWSKA L., KANCIRUK A., Analysis of the consequences of mining exploitation in substantially disturbed strata based on spatial measurements of a building’s tilt, Rock Mechanics for Resources, EUROCK 2013. CRC Press. 575–580.
-  FLORKOWSKA L., Analysis of the impact of longwall mining on sacred historic building, Architecture • Civil Engineering • Environment – ACEE, 2013, No. 2, 15–27.
-  KNOTHE S., Equation of subsiding trough’s curvature (in Polish), Archiwum Górnictwa i Hutnictwa, 1953, T. 1, Zeszyt 1, 111–127.
-  KNOTHE S., Time influence on a formation of a subsidence through (in polish), Archiwum Górnictwa i Hutnictwa, 1953, T. 1, Zeszyt 1, 128–139.
-  WITAKOWSKI P., Wireless monitoring of buildings, (in Polish), Materials IX Symposium “System of Total Quality Management in Civil Engineering”, ITB, Warszawa 2010.